Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 09:20 AM

We are booked on the Celebration Dec. 2nd out of Galveston. We have been on 3 prior Carnival cruises. I am looking for advise on shore excursions in both Cozumel and Calica. I've heard there is not much in Calica.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:20 AM

We are booked on the Celebration Dec. 2nd out of Galveston. We have been on 3 prior Carnival cruises. I am looking for advise on shore excursions in both Cozumel and Calica. I've heard there is not much in Calica.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:22 AM

Just got back from 5 day to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen (Calica).Having done both 4 and 5 day trips down there, I'd change to the 5. The 4 just isn't enough time. Anyway to your question.
We did the Xcaret park at Playa. (you realize Calica is just the dock, most everything is in Playa?) Xcaret is mostly a nature park. The float through the "underground river" is fun, the park well maintained (for Mexico). You can see Manatees, dolphins, leopards and other wildlife. It was fun though I'm not sure worth $49. It sort of depends on what you are looking for.
We did the Fury Catamaran snorkeling adventure in Cozumel. It is fun and a great party It is not good snorkeling. You get maybe 30 minutes in a pretty confined area, so you are constantly bumping into other people. The coral we saw was dead or dying though there were lots of fish. On the boat it's all you can drink. Some people take full advantage of that. The crew is friendly and keeps the "party" going. Like I said it is a fun party. If you have snorkeled much before you may be disappointed in that part of it.
Have a great trip!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:26 AM

My husband and I were on the Celebration in Sept. We had a GREAT time and hope you do too!

We took three shore excursions on our trip. The first in Cozumel was the Underwater Marine Adventure (I think that was the name). It was fun but the best part was that it helped ME relax about our snorkeling that afternoon. I'd never done anything like that and was just a little antsy! We had signed up for the Marine Park Unlimited Snorkel and that was the very best part of our trip!! The young men who oriented us were so patient and simply determined that no person be left behind. I was so impressed with them. The next day we did the Tulum Ruins and Water Park trip. I was disappointed in the Ruins but thought the scenery was beautiful. Also enjoyed the iguana lounging about. The water park was OK, very clean, beer was good - but it was SO hot....

I didn't appreciate being taken by a lapus factory on our way back to the ship. We had 15 minutes to look at expensive jewelry and I don't make decisions about that type of purchase on the spur of the moment. Actually, I don't buy jewelry anywhere but from a reputable dealer here. Boring, huh?

Hope this gives you some insight. We want to go back but plan to be on every snorkel adventure we can afford! Fell in love with it! And we're older folks......... guess you're never too old to learn to appreciate new things!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:25 PM

Senor Frogs, if you like to party!
Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi when you get on celebration look for the chief engineer name is carmelo tell him sherry and mommy said hi to the crew thanks fan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
calica, carmelo, carnival, catamaran, celebration, chief, cozumel, cruise, engineer, excursions, review, reviews, sept, shore, snorkeling, testa