Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Hi all! We are planning a cruise (#2) on imagination in May. I am looking for any info on rooms and decks that are ok. Right now we are looking at either ocean view or inside cabins on the empress deck but way toward the back. Also looking for comparisons between the imagination and the elation. We are going to the same ports as before just a different ship.
Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:05 PM

You won't see much difference in cabins between the two ships. The size, type and layout of the cabins will be the same. The decoration will be slightly different, but that won't be different from room to room on the same ship. I would pick a place on the ship that YOU like and get a cabin there and not worry about it.

Most of the time people waste too much energy worrying about their cabin in my opinion. You aren't in the cabin enough for it to matter.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-13-2007, 03:41 PM

The ocean view cabins are always my first choice. Not sure about being unable to see out and know the conditions. I enjoy the calm (or fury) of the ocean and it's very peaceful to gaze out at the ocean...boy do I need a cruise!

The Imagination would be my first choice. With the renovations complete, the ship has such a nice, new look. Cabins on the back will be closer to the action but you might feel more motion in either the bow or stern.

We are sailing the Imagination in March for Spring Break with 12 of us. From age 21 through 84. We are all cruising fanatics.!

Hope you have fun on either the Elation or Imagination. Get the best cabin you can afford and you'll have a great time.

Marylovestocruise

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Hi Dalefan65, And Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

The best Oceanview cabin we have had on a Fantasy class ship was on the Empress Deck, Cabin E-71. It was on the Elation. I did not realize it was a wheelchair modified cabin when I chose it. As it was not stipulated as such, then they said if they needed it they would move me. Of course I didn't object to that. It was so convenient to the desk and lobby. On debarkation day we just stayed in the cabin and walked right off when we were ready.

If you could get any cabin E-68 through E-79 these would be my recomendations for outside Empress. Best wishes.

Dwayne
Old 11-13-2007, 10:02 PM

Hi Mary,

I really enjoyed going during spring break a few years back. It was so much fun, and you are so right about having fun regardless of the cabin.

I noticed your cruise ticker is not working. If you will replace the code in your signature with the BB Code option at cruiseclocks.com it should work.

Dwayne
Old 11-15-2007, 08:01 AM

Just got back from the Bahamas on the Fascination, this was our third cruise, we had a suite on the first two. This time the reservations were made one week ahead of time so we got the last window cabin which was in the back of the ship on the Empress deck and I would not really want to stay in the back again. Even though the ocean was mostly calm, we felt all kinds of vibrations. It wasn't so bad it ruined our cruise, we weren't in the room all that much, but even laying in bed you could feel it. We have sailed on the Imagination and it was wonderful. It is my favorite so far.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks Dwayne,

Hope I have fixed my Cruise Clocks!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:04 PM

test

Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 PM

Hi Mary,

You are most welcome, and they look great. I just noticed we have something in common. My first cruise was on the Carnivale in 1993 as well.

Dwayne
Old 01-29-2008, 11:29 AM

Hi My husband and I have cruised before on Royal Carribean and we are taking our first carnival cruise on Imagination during march break and cant wait looks like we will be on the same ship maybe we will cross paths cant wait to leave.
Quote:
Originally posted by Marylovestocruise:
The ocean view cabins are always my first choice. Not sure about being unable to see out and know the conditions. I enjoy the calm (or fury) of the ocean and it's very peaceful to gaze out at the ocean...boy do I need a cruise!

The Imagination would be my first choice. With the renovations complete, the ship has such a nice, new look. Cabins on the back will be closer to the action but you might feel more motion in either the bow or stern.

We are sailing the Imagination in March for Spring Break with 12 of us. From age 21 through 84. We are all cruising fanatics.!

Hope you have fun on either the Elation or Imagination. Get the best cabin you can afford and you'll have a great time.

Marylovestocruise

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, carnival, choosing, differences, e68, elation, fascination, imagination, inside, modified, ocean, oceanview, room, rooms, sensation