Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Getting ready for a cruise on the Glory leaving Jan 23rd, we have been on six other carnival cruises and always have a great time. We are going with a group of about 20 and are trying to get our excursions together. We know it is not practicable for all of us to go on the same excursion with different age groups and interests

Having said that I have been disappointed over the years with the excursions run by the ship, most of the time they cost a lot of money and are they are a big letdown. Can someone let me know what the ports in Belize, Isla Roatan & Grand Cayman are like.
As well as give me some canít miss opportunities at the ports for level one participants.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:13 PM

For Level One on Roatan you could just go to Carnival's new port facility Mahogany Bay. Another suggestion is the beach break excursion to Tabyana Beach here. I've heard good reviews about it.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned

You are in luck....all three of those ports are safe and easy to do on your own!!

Every port seems to have the "thing to do"...

Belize is cave-tubing. Now it does require some walking, but it handles a wide age range.

We use this (Yhony) It has been a couple of years, but he was $45.00 a person. (plus a small tip if they do a good job)

That was for 2 caves and you are LINKED TO A GUIDE (this is MOST important...I would not do a cave tubing excursion without this safety factor).

Oddly enough, in the past, ship excursions only link you to another person...that is NOT sufficient. If you are linked to a GUIDE, the guide directs your flow and keeps you away from cave walls that may have spiders and jagged rocks etc.

I have been reading about Yhony since 2004 and have never read where his tour has missed the ship. I would get the 9:15 excursion. You are tendered into Belize...so make sure you get an early tender.

Roatan - Mahongany Bay was not our dock the last time we were in Roatan but I understand it is a wonderful stop....so I would suggest that...IF no one wants to go zip lining with Victor. He runs a great independent tour.

Grand Cayman - Capt Marvin swimming with the stingrays is the independent tour to do. This is a VERY expensive port. There is also 7 Mile Beach which you can just grab a taxi to from the port.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Edited to provide link.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:18 PM

Not sure what level one is, I assume not high activity? Anyway, Belize has wonderful snorkeling. Grand Cayman, take a cab to 7 mile beach, absolutely beautiful. I second Mahogany Bay in Roatan! Tabyana is beautiful, but they wanted $85 for cab fare.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Mahogany Bay
Thank you for your suggestion, I looked at the Mahogany Bay website it has the Glory stoping there. Do they change ports from time to time.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, I looked at the Mahogany Bay website it has the Glory stoping there. Do they change ports from time to time.
A port change is always a possibility. They do their best to stick to the ports. However due to unforeseen circumstances ie weather etc they sometimes have to change. It doesn't happen all the time and is more of an exception. I've had Grand Cayman canceled once due to wind and waves.

Then of course during hurricane season you might have an entirely different itinerary. Example a western might become an eastern and vice versa.

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, beach, break, carnical, carnival, changed, cruise, excursion, excursions, glory, mahogany, mohogany, port, reviews, tabyana