Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 01:37 PM

We are booked on Freedom in Oct. Anyone been on her yet? Looking for any comments. Also we are in Cat. 6E Spa Deck outside. They are advertised as floor to ceiling windows and 230 sq. feet. Anyone been in one?
Any ideas for where to stay in Rome for a week or so?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:33 PM

papaflamingo, my husband and I are booked on the Freedom sailing May 13th of this year.

We booked a 6B OV guarantee, so we don't know, yet, exactly what room we'll have or where it will be.

What are you looking for in Rome, and do you have a preference as to neighborhood?

My husband and I are only staying a couple of days after our cruise, and we found a small Bed & Breakfast steps away from St. Peter's Basilica. After we return I'll be able to say whether or not I can recommend it to anyone! *L*
Old 03-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Terri, Did you book this B&B through Carnival? We are cruising on the Freedom next July and want to stay a few days before we sail. I was told by a Carnival rep that they have great deals on accomodations if we decide to fly in before our cruise. (We also booked our airfare through Carnival)

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by teachabcdee:
Terri, Did you book this B&B through Carnival? We are cruising on the Freedom next July and want to stay a few days before we sail. I was told by a Carnival rep that they have great deals on accomodations if we decide to fly in before our cruise. (We also booked our airfare through Carnival)
No, we did not book through Carnival. We just did our own research, and picked a place.

We have, on a couple of previous cruises, booked air/hotel pre-cruise through Carnival, and I will say that the hotels in each instance were VERY nice. But it was pricey!

We've grown adventuresome in our old age! *L* We arranged our own air, transfers and hotels, both pre- and post-cruise. I'll definitely post a review when we get back.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM

I look forward to reading your review. Good luck on your trip!

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 03-27-2007, 01:31 AM

Terri R. Thanks. If you think you're adventuresome, I am an airline pilot and my wife and I will be flying standby! We plan to go a week early so we are interested in a decent but not overly expensive place. Around 120 euros or less per night seems to be the going rate. There will be a number of us so we are looking into apartments, but we will be going one to two days earlier so we will need a room for 1 or two nights. The B & B you found may be a good idea. Can you post the info on it?
And just for your adventurous side, the return flight on the day the ship gets in is already 99 oversold. Looking to do a train to somewhere else or staying a few more nights on the back end. I tried to convince my wife that we should stay on the ship as it comes back to Miami, but she fears icebergs and hurricanes (I spent 12 years active Coast Guard, I guess I embellished the rescue stories too much).
Look forward to your post after the cruise. Have fun.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 AM

If there are a number of you, I don't think our B&B will be a good idea. I believe they only have two rooms they rent -- one with a king-sized bed and en suite bathroom, and the other with twin beds and hall bathroom. But here is the website, anyway.
http://www.casagiovy.org/home.htm
We booked the Girasole Room {king-size/en suite room) for two nights and it is 90 Euros/night with breakfast included.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Terri R. Thanks. We are actually looking at apartments with the group but my wife and I may go a day or two early so we are looking into a single room. I went up on the website you recommended and it looks like what we want. We may check it out.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:28 PM

Although I haven't been on it YET...I'm hoping to experience it sometime next yr.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:21 PM

Terri, My husband and I are going on the same cruise. I was just wondering if you know much about the ports? Were first flying in England and during some sites their first. Then we fly to Rome on the 12 of May and do some sites on tours from expedia. Not sure how to get to the port yet. I was seeing the train, but the walk is long with suitcases. Not sure if their will be taxis their.. I'm still doing research. My husband wants a plan in place. I guess that is from being in the military for 22 years.
Tell me what you havew found out.

Sharon

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, freedom, review, seniors