Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 01:07 PM

Hi all, we are a family of 5 cruising in November on Valor. Anyone done an outside excursion (not through Carnival) for cave tubing in Belize or canopy gliding in Honduras that you can recommend? If so, do you have a contact email address or phone number. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
I can't speak from personal experience but I have seen a bunch of posts on here praising Reggies Cave Tubbing. I have not seen anything negative about them. You can do a search in the Caribbean Ports area to read more about them.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-03-2006, 09:45 AM

also have a look at X-stream Cave Tubing they were incredible!!! They also do the combo tour with zipline and cave tubing in the Belizian rainforest, its incredible!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:14 PM

In regards to Reggie's Cave Tubing, the experience was terrific; Reggie, Lionel and "J" were informative, attentive and just plain fun. We laughed a lot, I didn't see many of the folks from the cruise ship tours laughing, but I imagine being herded through your excursion like a farm animal isn't very funny (or fun, for that matter). We went tubing last November, after several weeks of heavy rain fall in the Belize area. According to "J" the river was quite a bit higher & rougher than usual, and I know how to swim just well enough to drown myself in three feet of water (if you know what I mean), but I never felt afraid or in any danger. We were given life vests and because Reggie keeps the groups small, we had roughly one guide for every five participants. I also must recommend the lunch offered at the end of the tour. Generous portions, local flavors, and DELICIOUS!!! Best bargain the entire cruise. And if you should decide not to do the zipline in Honduras and are interested in a little pampering (what Mom isn't) check out the website www.santewellnesscenter.com. This day spa was great and they offer so many affordable self indulgences.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:18 AM

We just did cave tubing with Reggies Cave Tubing and loved it! There are a few shallow spots where people had to pick up their tubes but with Reggie's tour he'll say butts up and pull you thru.You can purchase lunch for $5.00 and it is VERY GOOD.I would recommend Reggie's tour.

Diana
Old 05-15-2006, 12:06 PM

We just got back from sailing the Glory to Belize and booked our tour through XTreme Cave Tubing... the staff was FANTASTIC.. our ship was late because we had to turn around and go back to Key West with a sick passenger who needed extreme medical attention.... but we saved $35 per person and there were 7 of us... if we would have been on time we would have done two caves but we didn't have the time... our guide, Manuel was wonderful, he went down the river with us and pulled us along when we were tired.... the only complaint that I had and it wasn't the companies fault was that it hadn't rained in awhile and the stream was very shallow in spots where you had to stand up and walk..... other than that it was the identical tour that Carnival had for $95... make sure you get your tender ticket early though... if you don't book a cruise with Carnival you have to get a tender ticket and then have to wait until all the Carnival paid tours get off first....

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, book, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cave, cruise, crusie, excursion, excursions, liberty, rccl, reviews, royal, time, tubing, western, xstream, zipline