Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
....My thought is..I can't cruise when I'm dead so I have to do it now....Happy Cruising...
Not altogether true Bob, I have that one covered. My partner is going to have me cremated and then take me aboard various ships in little "baggies" and hide me where I might not be found. That way, I'll continue cruising (for free) for a long time...

Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 PM
^^^
Thanks for the idea...
My wife will hate it but who cares I will be dead anyway
Thanks again
Old 11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Principal was my point! I realize the other cruise lines jumped on the band wagon after carnival did this. But like my mother used to say if the other boys jump off the bridge are you going too?10 wrongs don't make a right! I can afford the $5.00 per day per preson, it is just the point of the way this was done. If no one complains the cruise line are going to think everyone is o.k. with this type of thing.I geuss if it does not bother you just stay quiet and go along with it. I cannot do that.Hopefully I can make a differance somwhere along the line!Sorry if I offened anyone by brining this up again.. Tom
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM

That's a thought, and the money saved by cremating will pay for one of the cruises. I don't really like the dead part, don't think the cruise will mean as much.

Sonny
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jack2007:
quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Let's not continue to rant and rave about something we can't do anything about.
Actually Sonny, I'm not sure that I agree with you ....as per the quote above. I am not getting angry about the surcharge as costs have to be covered but I think I understand why Thomas Stanton is upset. It should be very easy in this day & age to allow for payment of the fuel surcharge to be made just one day ahead of your cruise...and when you are about to board your cruise to get your onboard card....a download from HQ would be able to see if you had or had not paid.I see no reason why they should demand a fuel surcharge months in advance if you decide to book your cruise that far ahead.
So I say ....make a fuss , raise your voice but calmly and without anger....because unless you protest at having to pay too far in advance then they will assume that you are happy to pay the surcharge early ...and its your money they are getting extra interest on.

Well, I just got my new invoice for my transatlantic cruise in April, and it has an extra $140 tacked onto it. I'll have to pay the fuel charge when I make my final payment; and there's nothing I can do about that. I wonder how far oil prices have to drop before we stop paying the extra cost. Until then, there's nothing we can do. I think the cruise lines are very much aware of customer discontentment. All we can do is pray for oil price to drop.

Sonny
Old 11-29-2007, 04:05 AM
Banned

Oil dropped to below $90.00 PER BARREL YESTERDAY. Will the cruise lines refund the fuel charge that has been paid if oil contiues to drop?I think will if we keep on thier backs about it. If we remain quiet they will keep it.Tom
Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 AM

Thankfully, Celebrity is not imposing the fuel surcharge on any passengers who had paid for their cruise in full prior to the fuel surcharge implementation. That is the RIGHT thing to do in my mind. Kudos to them at least.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 AM

Hello everyone,

Let me ask this question. If oil prices stay elevated, say above $70 per barrell for the next year or so and then the cruise lines make an announcement saying "Due to the stabilization of oil prices over the last 12 months, the fuel surcharge has been eliminated at this time," would you all be happy?

Of course, we all know that they cruise lines will have simply increased fares slightly on all new bookings, so it is all just boiling down to the bottom line as always.

I think one thing is being lost in this discussion and that is that the cruise/vacation industry is unique in that purchases are made sometimes over a year in advance and it is much more difficult to predict corporate expenses over that period of time. That is why the idea of a fuel surcharge is kicked about. We are all exchanging the risk of being charged a little more for the benefit of being able to book over one year in advance. What if the cruise lines announced there would be no more concept of fuel surcharges in the future, however, passengers can only book four months in advance. Would that be a better deal?

Just some points to ponder.

Take care,

Brad

Old 11-29-2007, 05:58 AM

You raise some good points, Brad. We still will be paying any extra fuel costs when we make our final payment two months prior to the cruise date. Hopefully, the surcharge will stop if the oil price fall far enough.

Sonny
Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi ChucksOK...

Great Idea....I will be searching for you, but I hope it's a long way off...Enjoy your time Alive:-)

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, carnival, celebrity, charge, charging, cruise, cruises, extra, fuel, gas, high, oil, payment, price, prices, raise, surcharge