Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

My personal cruise planner called today wanting the extra charge. I paid it under duress, I geuss I could have cancelled the cruise altogether but I did not.This fuel charghe really ticks me off, not so much the extra $80.00 that the crusie is now costing, but the way in which it was done. I told the PCP that I was not happy at all about this and asked her to pass on my comments to her higher ups.There is no incentive to book early if they are going to make a habit of this.I do not think people who are paid in full almost a year in advance should be hit with any extra charge. Carnival has had my money to sit on or do whatever they want for 12 months, and to ask for more now is just not RIGHT!!I know fuel prices go up and down, I know the company has to make money, but sometimes it is better to bite the bullet than do something like this.I will think twice before i book early agin, and if Carnival bites me like this again I will be done with them. Nuf said!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
There are 5 pages on this subject...

Go down to the thread about Fuel Supplement Charge...You aren't the only one that has the same concern....and it's something we don't have much control over...taxes and surcharges and in the contract....they can add for almost any reason....and I'm sure none of the cruiselines wanted to do this, but things happen...NCL is charging a higher rate but only on new bookings....Enjoy the cruise:-)

Bob E
Old 11-27-2007, 03:55 PM

No one is happy about paying more for a cruise they already booked. Let's not continue to rant and rave about something we can't do anything about. It's a very touchy subject that only aggravates people. I'm going to leave this subject open for now; let's keep our cool.

Sonny
Old 11-27-2007, 05:57 PM

I have pre-paid for a Feb of 2009 cruise for 4, if they call me and ask for more , they can refund my money for the next year plus , then i will pay in full...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Bem:-)

A good idea...BUT...by 2009 the price of the cruise (not including the surcharge) might be much higher....I booked my NCL cruise in June for Jan. 2008 and the price has gone up almost $200 each since....not including the new surcharge....It's a gamble...Stuff Happens:-)

Bob E
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Tom,

I am hoping at some point they will re-configure the prices to reflect the additional costs. It is just something we are going to have to contend with. I totally understand and agree with your feelings about this issue. As others have said, it's just not Carnival doing it though.

At least, you have it paid now. Hopefully you will put it behind and enjoy your cruise. Where are you cruising to, and leaving from this time?

Dwayne
Old 11-28-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
My personal cruise planner called today wanting the extra charge. I paid it under duress, I geuss I could have cancelled the cruise altogether but I did not.This fuel charghe really ticks me off, not so much the extra $80.00 that the crusie is now costing, but the way in which it was done. I told the PCP that I was not happy at all about this and asked her to pass on my comments to her higher ups.There is no incentive to book early if they are going to make a habit of this.I do not think people who are paid in full almost a year in advance should be hit with any extra charge. Carnival has had my money to sit on or do whatever they want for 12 months, and to ask for more now is just not RIGHT!!I know fuel prices go up and down, I know the company has to make money, but sometimes it is better to bite the bullet than do something like this.I will think twice before i book early agin, and if Carnival bites me like this again I will be done with them. Nuf said!
No point of bashing CCL. All cruiselines have followed suit within a couple of days.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 11-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Cruising is still the best bargain in Vacations in my opinion....if it weren't...why do we keep on going and going and going....My thought is..I can't cruise when I'm dead so I have to do it now....Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Let's not continue to rant and rave about something we can't do anything about.
Actually Sonny, I'm not sure that I agree with you ....as per the quote above. I am not getting angry about the surcharge as costs have to be covered but I think I understand why Thomas Stanton is upset. It should be very easy in this day & age to allow for payment of the fuel surcharge to be made just one day ahead of your cruise...and when you are about to board your cruise to get your onboard card....a download from HQ would be able to see if you had or had not paid.I see no reason why they should demand a fuel surcharge months in advance if you decide to book your cruise that far ahead.
So I say ....make a fuss , raise your voice but calmly and without anger....because unless you protest at having to pay too far in advance then they will assume that you are happy to pay the surcharge early ...and its your money they are getting extra interest on.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
^^^^^

Good point
especially what happen if the week before your cruise the prices goes down???
Carnival I will wait for a refound...
Yes and the moon is made of cheese

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, carnival, celebrity, charge, charging, cruise, cruises, extra, fuel, gas, high, oil, payment, price, prices, raise, surcharge