Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM

I am so sad to be home, we had a wonderful cruise on the Valor. I had my chocolate melting cake, every night To me, it was much better than the chocolate buffet on the last day.

We had an inside cabin on the Main deck (deck 2). It had plenty of room for 2, wouldn't want anymore than that in there, though.

The Valor was the same design as the Costa Magica, although the cabins were not as large. There was a Fish 'n' Chips on board, Deli, Burrito Bar, Buffet, Grill, and Scarlett's Steakhouse. There were 2 main dining rooms. We did the Personal Choice dining. We were very pleased and never had to wait. Allan was our waiter and he was excellent! Our cabin steward was Slim, he, too, was excellent.

Grand Cayman, we just went to Seven Mile and played in the ocean. There is no signs of them building the pier, but it's supposed to be done by 2012.

The seas were very calm, even though we had REALLY strong winds in Roatan and Belize. It took the captain 5 tries to get into port in Roatan. I was truly expecting him to call off the port. But, he finally got that massive ship backed into the dock.

Roatan has certainly changed since I was first there, which was only a couple of years ago. Carnival sunk $70 million dollars into the beach and shopping areas. The cab fares have definitely gone up, too. They wanted $80 to go to Tabyana beach. It's not bad if there are 4 of you in your group, however, just 2 in your group the ship's excursion is about the same price.

The snorkeling in Belize was fantastic. We did the ship's tour there. The catamaran picked us up at the ship again, gotta love that. I had planned to go to the mainland when we returned from snorkeling, but they had to suspend tender services for about 1 1/2 hours due to the high winds and rain. You couldn't feel the waves on board, but on a tender, you'd definitely be rocking and rolling.

They built a Fat Tuesdays at the port in Cozumel-yeah!!! Chankanaab raised their entrance fee to $19/pp. Still worth it to me. I prefer Chankanaab to Paradise, but that's just my personal preference.

As usual, I didn't want to leave the ship. I NEVER do. I started crying in the dining room on the last night as the wait staff were singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane".

If I can answer any questions, please let me know.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 PM

welcome home! sounds like you had fun.
did you do the sky lift to the beach in Roatan? I have see clips of it on you tube.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:52 PM
It sounds like you had a great time and a great schedule of ports.
Don't you hate when you leave that last port and the whole mood on the ship changes? The smiles go away, people are just down. It's like the biginning of the end. Although having another cruise already booked goes a long way in improving your outlook!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-19-2010, 07:12 AM

No, macmom111, we didn't do the lift, the line to get tickets and get on was ridiculous. We just walked over, it's not that far. Plus, I had just had a scoop of pistachio gelato, so I thought it might burn a couple of the calories

You're so right, poormom, most everyone is sad. There were some that were ready to go home I've never had a cruise that I was ready to leave.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Penny, welcome back, and so glad you had a good time. And it's so nice to hear good things about Carnival. I have friends on Paradise right now and their e-mails indicate it's wonderful. As soon as the grandkids get a little older we're going!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 PM

BACK!

So Glad you had a wonderful time on the Valor!

Dwayne

Closed Thread