Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 PM
I will be going on the Glory Nov 3. We have done an oceanview 3 times and a balcony once. Considering doing a Suite but would like input. Is it really worth the extra money? Can anyone who has been on this ship and had a suite give me input as to the room? Also I looked at the deck plans and half the suites appear to be double the size of the other half. Can that be and why? Also my daughter is thinking of getting the family oceanview. How is it different than a regular oceanview?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I haven't sailed in any suites yet. Carnival has 2 categories of suites - the Cat 11 mini suite and the Cat 12 Full suite.
The Cat 11's are smaller than the Cat 12's - If you look on the deck plan for Empress Deck on the Glory, the Cat 11's are Yellow while the Cat 12's are light green.

I have booked a Family Ocean View stateroom (Cat 6E) on the Triumph sailing next week - It is on Spa Deck, larger than an ocean view room (Cat 6A or 6B). It has large floor to cieling windows. Essentialy it is the size of a balcony stateroom, however the footprint of the balcony is enclosed inside the room. I will let you know what it is like when I get back

Here is a good webbsite with 360 degree views of the various rooms on the Glory - It is a Java Applet, so you will need to install Java in order to see it

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/carnivalglory.htm
Old 04-29-2007, 04:01 PM

Hi SanDee,

Here are the descriptions of the cabins you mentioned.

Cat 12 Balcony Penthouse

Features a large balcony, twin beds that convert to a king, sitting area, dressing room with vanity, walk-in closet, wall safe, refrigerator, bathroom with tub and shower, TV, VCR, and room service

Average size= 300 sq ft. plus 115 sq ft. balcony

On Decks: Empress

Cat 11 Mini Suite Balcony

Each suite features a balcony, twin beds that convert to a king, sitting area, dressing room with vanity area, walk-in closet, wall safe, refrigerator, bathroom with tub and shower, television, VCR, and room service.

Average size= 245-300 sq ft. plus 85 sq ft. balcony

On Decks: Lido, Empress

There is no Cat FO on Carnival Glory. All the oceanview cabins are the same the different categories are simply the different decks.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-29-2007, 04:04 PM

I almost forgot there are also Cat 9A cabins that they refer to as Suites on some of their fleet, although on Glory they are actually Deluxe Balcony cabins (a little larger balcony, same cabin size).

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
There is no Cat FO on Carnival Glory. All the oceanview cabins are the same the different categories are simply the different decks.

Cheers, Neil
The "Family Ocean View" Rooms are actually called a category 6E cabin, All Destiny and Conquest class ships have them
on Spa Deck at the Top of the Ship - They are the tinited windows beside the Carnival Flag painted on the side of the Ship.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 AM

SanDee - I have cruised on the Glory in a Catagory 6E Family Stateroom. The room is the top floor of rooms so where a normal balcony would be, you will have extra space with a table and chairs.
There are not standard industry photos so I am attaching a webshots link so you can see the room.
We loved this room. Hope your daughter enjoys it.

Family Stateroom
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/108...40556309bJHbiN

Oceanview Stateroom
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/108...40556309fQAEVL

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 AM
PC Guy...thanks for the info. When I go to cruise.com the deck plan shows 11 and 12 both in yellow. That's what is confusing. Ver little difference in color. Green is oceanview with balcony. I am seriously considering the family oceanview stateroom. The floor to ceiling window looks awsome.

Cruisinallthetime..thanks for the pictures.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 AM

SanDee - Glad I could help. I like to see as much upfront of what I am going to stay in and pay for -for my vacation. My precious one week vacation is too important to mess up!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, extra, family, glory, junior, money, ncl, ocean, oceanview, pictures, plan, rooms, smaller, star, suite, suites, view, worth