Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 09:23 AM

I booked my first cruise ever in May and I need to make final payment by March. I have never been so excited and have been wanting to do this for sooooooo long now! I been begging a friend of mine and her husband to join us on the cruise, but after awhile I just gave up because she was not sure. I was fine with that because I will have fun either way... well, something unexpected happened that might jeopardize my trip. I know that I have 60 days prior to the trip to cancel. I feel so bad and I dont know what to tell my friend and my agent, which is also a friend, about a possible cancellation. Does anyone know the cancellation policy prior to and after 60 days? If I cancel after 60 will I get no money back? I am so upset right now and I truly need a miracle to happen for me to go on this trip.... very sad right now .. The worst part of it, that my friend stated to me that it looks like after all her and her husband can cruise with us... I dont know what to say!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Look at the Carnival Ticket Contract for the current cancellation policy. You have to scroll down the page a bit to get to it.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:29 AM

If you got cruise insurance and the reason for cancellation is included then it isn't a problem. If you haven't got insurance, try looking on
insuremytrip.com and comparing policies. It is a good way to protect your investment.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 AM

i did purchase the insurance for $40 a person.... so this makes me feel a little bit better... at least, i know i have some time..
Old 02-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

The bottom line is, business is business, and you need to tell your agent ASAP. Don't let a friendship cloud what you need to do with regard to this booking. My agent is a friend too, but if I have to cancel or change a booking I do it and she understands.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Administrator

bfwdesigns, I am sorry to hear of your situation. In fact, we also cancelled a cruise for this spring due to unforeseen cirucumstances.

Be certain to read the fine print on your insurance policy to make sure that your situation will be covered. But also know that even if you turn out to be covered by insurance, it's likely your friends won't be. So, I wouldn't wait too long on this if you're pretty certain you won't be able to go.

I agree with Dave about not letting the friendship with your TA influence your decision. As both a TA and a friend she will understand.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:02 AM

Hello all, I would cancel my trip and save thousands. If things change for the better between now and then you could try to book it again, may cost you a few hundred dollars more if cabins are available, but better to spend a couple hundred dollars more and cruise than to lose a few thousand and be home. And who knows,, if the cruise dosen't sell out you have even get it for less. Hope things get better for you.

Deege24
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM

I just wanted to give you all an update. I did cancel my cruise this morning and my friend, which is also my agent, was very understanding and stated, there is always a next time. I am very upset still because I really wanted to go on the trip, but I can always do it later on.

I just wanted to thank you all for responding and I think that everyone on this forum is very helpful! Thanks again!

Closed Thread