Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM

Knowing that so many of you know EVERYTHING there is to know about cruising (!), any suggestions on getting married on board?

We have booked a Spring Break cruise on the Imagination in March and one of my sons is interested in getting married before we sail.
Has anyone done this on the Imagination? If the ship doesn't have a chapel, where do they hold the ceremony? About how much does it cost?
She's a Canadian citizen, does she need anything other than her passport with her?

Any insight and things we should know beforehand? I know we need to contact the Guest Services at Carnival and we will, just would like some first-hand information from the experienced.

Thanks in advance!
Excited as I can be..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-22-2008, 04:40 PM

You will need to talk to the Wedding Department and make sure there is a slot open. They will answer all your questions. They will use one of the lounges on the ship to hold the ceremony.
Wedding Department
9:00am-6:00pm EST, Monday-Friday
Toll-Free: 800 933-4968 (Nat/Can/FL)
Local: 305 599-2600, x70040
Fax: 800 638-1646

Formal Wear Rentals
9:00am-8:00pm EST, Monday-Friday
Toll-Free: 800 522-7648 (Nat/Can/FL)
Local: 305 599-2600, x70039
Fax: 800 638-1646
Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM

I can not help with info on the Imagination,but my sister-in-law was married on the Carnival Glory May 2007. The Glory had a small chapel on board. Everthing about the wedding was very nice. You can arrange for a band, flowers, etc.
The photographer did a great job. And they only paid for the pictures they chose to keep. No sitting fees.After pricing what it would cost for a normal church wedding and reception at home, the wedding aboard ship and their cat. 11 suite was cheaper. By the way, if you want them to marry abord ship, it has to be at the pier before the cruise.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marylovestocruise:
Knowing that so many of you know EVERYTHING there is to know about cruising (!), any suggestions on getting married on board?

We have booked a Spring Break cruise on the Imagination in March and one of my sons is interested in getting married before we sail.
Has anyone done this on the Imagination? If the ship doesn't have a chapel, where do they hold the ceremony? About how much does it cost?
She's a Canadian citizen, does she need anything other than her passport with her?

Any insight and things we should know beforehand? I know we need to contact the Guest Services at Carnival and we will, just would like some first-hand information from the experienced.

Thanks in advance!
Excited as I can be..
My friend is getting married in April on the Inspiration. All I know at this time is that we have to be at the ship by 10am. The wedding will be held in one of the fancy rooms on board.
The cost of the wedding is significantly less than a "traditional" wedding. I'll get more info and post at a later date.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, carnival, chapel, cruise, fascination, glory, imagination, inspiration, married, marrired, miracle, reviews, sensation, ship, triumph, wedding