Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:27 AM

we book our excursions right through carnival it is a little more but the peace of mind and knowing the ship will wait makes the day alot more relaxed. can't help with the room we get an ocean view or balcony.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 AM

Hi tbtest, welcome to Cruise-chat. F-mattox is totally correct about the guarantee, you cannot get anything less. I am not an expert in the catagories on Carnival, so I'm not sure what your catagory guarantees. Like f-mattox stated, I've not had the pleasure of a king bed on any of my cruises, but I've not had a penthouse or presidential suite. You are correct in stating, you wont be in your room much. Who knows, you might even get an upgrade. I did have 1 cruise where we had an upper and a lower, it wasn't all that bad because honestly we weren't in the room much.

My personal choice is booking excursions through the ship unless I know the island well and know what I want to do. It saves me any worry about having a bad experience or not making it back to the ship on time. Since this is your first cruise, I would highly recommend a ship excursion.

In Grand Cayman, Stingray City is great, and I like 7 mile beach. I've read a lot of posts stating that 7 mile is too crowded, but I didn't find it way and it is beautiful. Belize-cave tubing. Haven't been to Roatan. Costa Maya-beach day.

In case you haven't been warned, cruising is addictive. Hope you two have a wonderful time!!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:41 AM

A few of you mentioned booking excurions through the TV - do all the ships have this option (i.e. Miracle)? Also, lets say by some odd chance that half my group (8 people) books their excursion, and the other half get closed out - will Carnival allow those who did get in transfer the payment to a different excursion that all can go on?

I've also heard different views on whether or not to book through CCL ahead of time or not - anyone got the final word?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the world of cruising,

I am in someway new to this, I have only be in two cruise before and this summer will be the third one but there are a few pointers I have discover by experience or in this site;

1. If you have the money my preference is a balcony room, why? Well I set you free from other disadvantage in my case I smoke, my wife don’t so you know is better this way Also the ocean is beautiful, Just seen it during Night WOW!!! Just tell you the big Guy knows his work there are no words to describe it and also a good romantic experience if you are with your girlfriend…
2. If you get The interior Cabin remember the best ones are in the center of the ship and the more up in the ship they are the better you get less sea sick that way, but since you will be assigned that’s not an option.
3. I always use the ship tours I know the ones in the island are cheaper but some times you just paid a little bit more for security, You don’t know the island you can get lost, or even lost money is you book before cruise and for some reason you don’t get in time at least the cruise will refound you the money.
4. Also buy Insurance you don’t know what can happen, I learn that here thanks guys.
5. Make a list of the items you need, medicine for example I use to buy and make a little first aid PLEASE BUY TENSION HEADAGE OR EXCEDRIN IS HOT HERE!!!!! Jejejeje LOL

Well there are a few post about other things You will like to know in this site…so check them is you have the time…
Old 05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Banned

You have a way with words Casanova! I like your style!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 AM

Mikethekid-

Yes, the Miracle has the TV system. I'm not sure if ALL the CCL ships do this, but I know Victory Class, Spirit Class and Conquest class has this ability.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-22-2007, 09:28 AM

Casanova...great post!! I have a couple of issues to take up with you.

1) If you know the basic rules of physics, you'll understand that the LOWER you are on the ship gives you less motion. Look at a metronome on a piano. The top moves more than the bottom!

2) If you want to see the ocean, which is as you say beautiful...and I agree...go to the deck and look!! Is that view worth HUNDREDS of dollars more to get a balcony, when you spend only a few hours a day in your room?? Personally, I don't think so...but it's up to you! The big guy upstairs is certainly the best!! He done good!!!

3) And in answer to the other questions, I know the newer boats let you order through the room TV. I'm not sure about Fantasy class boats or the older boats like Holiday. I'll let you all know when I get back.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 AM

Welcome tbtest

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in 2 weeks I don't have any advice to give you but there are plenty of very helpful people here that will pick up the slack for me and they are very helpful. WELCOME!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 AM
1) If you know the basic rules of physics, you'll understand that the LOWER you are on the ship gives you less motion. Look at a metronome on a piano. The top moves more than the bottom!

I understand physics, believe me I am a physics professor at the university, but remember a metronome is a solid object in solid ground, in the ocean the case is not same.
The weather, boat design, it depends on the center of gravity of the boat and mass distribution.
If you transfer the movement from up and down, also have to remember when the ship turn they turn rotating in this center of gravity, Base in the design of the Destiny Class, that is more or less in the center of the boat, that’s why the more expensive cabins are way up in the cruise. They offer more stability since the boat design is made to compensate the ocean movement that’s why they say a Cruise ship will not capsize…
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Can't argue that.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruisers, deck, guarantee, is, mexican, reviews, riviera, stability, stateroom