Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiritfilled:
This was just my opinion the layout was pretty difficult I mean finding the dining room was an adventure in itslelf, it wasn't like yo would never find anything it just took more time then you would want I was on a 6 day cruise and just wanted simplicity I guess.
Well at this point I am not too concern about finding my way heck I am on a cruise ship

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-22-2008, 06:49 AM

I just got off the Liberty the 6th of April.

It is a nice big ship, and I would say it might take a couple days to get your bearings of decks and in/outs of which direction to go. What I did, I tried to check on certain decks to see what was there, and then that way, I would know whether to turn right/left to go the direction I wanted to go when I seen these objects or businesses.

brneyes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:01 AM

As I found a place I liked on the ship I just set the coordinates in my portable GPS, but when I wanted to go back there the GPS kept telling me I had to jump off the stern of the ship!!!

Can't Carnival do something about this?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveK:
As I found a place I liked on the ship I just set the coordinates in my portable GPS, but when I wanted to go back there the GPS kept telling me I had to jump off the stern of the ship!!!

Humms, I never thought of that for some obvious reason.

Seriously, the layout isn't that difficult once you get your bearings. It's decks 3 and 4 that create the most confusion in my opinion.

Dwayne
Old 05-23-2008, 02:47 AM
Yes I agree

Old 05-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
Originally posted by SteveK:

Humms, I never thought of that for some obvious reason.

Seriously, the layout isn't that difficult once you get your bearings. It's decks 3 and 4 that create the most confusion in my opinion.

Dwayne

I know I can look at the ship layout but what is on Decks 3 and 4????

Old 05-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:

Just in case you are being serious. On Deck 3 the Galley seperates the Forward and Aft Dining Rooms. The only way to get to the Aft Dining Room is from another Deck.

On Deck 4 to go from Forward to Aft you either have to walk through the Forward Dining Room and a Lounge or use the Exterior Deck or Deck 5.

If you get the Deck Plan down about those 2 Decks it's not that difficult.

Dwayne
Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:

Just in case you are being serious. On Deck 3 the Galley seperates the Forward and Aft Dining Rooms. The only way to get to the Aft Dining Room is from another Deck.

On Deck 4 to go from Forward to Aft you either have to walk through the Forward Dining Room and a Lounge or use the Exterior Deck or Deck 5.

If you get the Deck Plan down about those 2 Decks it's not that difficult.

Dwayne

Dwayne Thank you I hope it will not be that difficult, but I wanted to know what was on the decks so I know if I needed to venture to them. If their is nothing of interest that I am trying to get to why make it more difficult than it has to be. I think I remember having to do something to that effect on the Carnival Imagination as well, but we did not make a big deal of it we just kept trying to get to where we were going until we got there, nobody in my party found a reason to be unhappy or make a big deal of the ship being too difficult like I say who cares if we get twisted around we are on a cruise ship for 7 days.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nita:
Does anyoneelse have an opinion about the layout of the Liberty that may help me manover this ship besides the pocket map.....
I can make 2 suggestions. First know that the promenade deck goes all the way from the most forward portion to the most aft portion. At each stairwell is a map and over the portal to the walkway are the names of the places that are in that direction. Think of it like a subway.

Suggestion 2 is to learn the nautical terms and use them for yourself to find your way around. Forward, aft, port, starboard, the bow, the stern etc will all help you keep your bearings. The system was made to find your way around a ship.

I loved the Liberty, Have a great cruise
Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 PM

Relax, we just returned and it was wonderful. Half the fun is exploring and finding your way about. Just enjoy and ask if you get lost. No biggie..it is a beautiful ship. My favorite so far.!

Aruba Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
canival, carnival, class, conquest, cruise, deck, dining, lay, layout, liberty, maps, pride, room, ship, ships, stateroom