Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Is the Carnival Liberty as confusing as a poster has stated it is. I have sailed the Carnival Imagination and that was a bit confusing I am wondering am I going to be lost most of my time on the Cruise Ship and do anyone have any ideas of how to get around this cruise ship if the layout is difficult?????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Lot of differences between the Imagination and the Liberty. The Conquest class ships (of which the Liberty is one) are enhanced Destiny class ships - enough that they earned their own class designation.

The thing about the above classes of ships is that they are very cluttered with poor passenger flow (in my opinion). They crammed too many distinct public areas into these ships. The pool deck is a maze.

Don't worry too much about it though. Just keep one of the pocket-sized ship maps with you.

The Spirit-class is the best design Carnival has in my view.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Lot of differences between the Imagination and the Liberty. The Conquest class ships (of which the Liberty is one) are enhanced Destiny class ships - enough that they earned their own class designation.

The thing about the above classes of ships is that they are very cluttered with poor passenger flow (in my opinion). They crammed too many distinct public areas into these ships. The pool deck is a maze.

Don't worry too much about it though. Just keep one of the pocket-sized ship maps with you.

The Spirit-class is the best design Carnival has in my view.
Can you list the spirit class ships????

Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM

Does anyoneelse have an opinion about the layout of the Liberty that may help me manover this ship besides the pocket map.....

Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator

I want to clear it up - although I think this class of ship is cluttered, it isn't that hard to learn your way around. Remember they also have a deck map by each elevator lobby.

The Spirit ships: Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nita:
Is the Carnival Liberty as confusing as a poster has stated it is. I have sailed the Carnival Imagination and that was a bit confusing I am wondering am I going to be lost most of my time on the Cruise Ship and do anyone have any ideas of how to get around this cruise ship if the layout is difficult?????
I was just on Liberty for the first time and had no problem finding my way around.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-20-2008, 12:38 AM

The only thing that got me a bit confused on Glory (same layout) was finding the dining room. As Dave mentioned, and I agree, the passenger flow isn't great. Particularly on the Promenade deck after shows.

Dwayne
Old 05-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Banned

We have been on 3 Conquest Class Ships. Conquest, Freedom and Liberty. We never had any problems getting around the ship. I would suggest going to the carnival web site and look up the Liberty and briefly study the deck plans before you sail. It just is not that difficult !

But, if you are still worried about it, buy me a ticket and I'll be your personal tour guide during your cruise. (I prefer balcony mid ship)

Sodey
Old 05-20-2008, 05:59 AM

I'll be happy to help Sodey, help you. I like a balcony as well Seriously, you'll get the hang of the ship. As Dave said, there are pictures of the ship with listings of what is on each deck by the elevators.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 AM
This was just my opinion the layout was pretty difficult I mean finding the dining room was an adventure in itslelf, it wasn't like yo would never find anything it just took more time then you would want I was on a 6 day cruise and just wanted simplicity I guess.

Closed Thread

Tags
canival, carnival, class, conquest, cruise, deck, dining, lay, layout, liberty, maps, pride, room, ship, ships, stateroom