Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 AM

How do I request a table for two? Can I do it before I board? Thanks
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 AM

How do I request a table for two? Can I do it before I board? Thanks
Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 PM

I did see tables for 2 in the main dining room on our Carnival cruise. If you are on the Carnival site, go to "My Reservation" and see if you can specify that you want a table for 2, but I think your best bet is to contact Carnival directly. I think your chances are better if you are celebrating an anniversary or special occasion. Group tables can be fun though! We met some AWESOME people that we ended up making friends with on and outside of the cruise. Good Luck!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:32 PM
ok I had the same problem on my last cruise...
I always cruise with my wife and we have no kids so every cruise is like a honeymoon and we always ask for a table for two we don't really like big tables anyway.

Problem is:

* if you book using a TA he is the only that can make changes on your reservation if you call carnival the will tell you you have to ask your TA

* If you book directly they will add your request but they will tell you that thats decided by the ship manager and sometimes they look for those comments and sometimes they don't.( in reality they NEVER CHECK YOUR REQUESTS)

* On my last cruise (carnival Destiny) I ask for a table of two and ended up on a table of ten so much for the comment on my booking!!

So what can you do?
Get early and board ship before everyone gets to the metree if there is a table he will give it to you with no problem but if you wait until one hour before leaving port uff you will not get it...

During my last cruise I boarded ship at 12:30 pm even knowing that the paprs said " boarding time 2:30 PM" as soon as I enter my cabin and left my things my first stop was the metree
and there was no problem...
Old 12-31-2007, 03:57 PM

Carnival does not allow such requests at the time of booking as other lines do. They have to be requested at the time of boarding with the dining room staff. Go find a maitr'd when you arrive and request it. They accommodate you on a space/request availability basis.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
well they always tell me they add my request but that the final word will be at the ship during boarding time

I think they are just being polite then and they never add my request on their comments
anyway those arrangements have to be done during boarding time

Closed Thread

Tags
assignments, caribbean, cruise, dining, maitrd, make, people, royal, table