Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 12:14 PM

My fiance and I are looking at 2 different cruises. I would like opinions on them, which one should we take?

1. Carnival Cruise Lines -- ship name Victory -- Going to East Carribean to San Juan, St. Maartin & St. Thomas

2. Royal Carribean -- ship name Voyager of the Seas -- Going to West Carribean -- Royal Carribean's private island, Ochos Rios, George Town, & Cozumel

I just wanted some opinions on what you all thought! We haven't ever been on a cruise before!
They both leave on the date we need them too.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 12:14 PM

My fiance and I are looking at 2 different cruises. I would like opinions on them, which one should we take?

1. Carnival Cruise Lines -- ship name Victory -- Going to East Carribean to San Juan, St. Maartin & St. Thomas

2. Royal Carribean -- ship name Voyager of the Seas -- Going to West Carribean -- Royal Carribean's private island, Ochos Rios, George Town, & Cozumel

I just wanted some opinions on what you all thought! We haven't ever been on a cruise before!
They both leave on the date we need them too.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 03:30 PM

hubby and I will be sailing on the Victory leaving on Feb. 9 on an eastern itinerary. feel free to email us and we'll tell you all about it when we get back. misskelly31@yahoo.com
Old 01-23-2003, 08:48 AM

I like the islands Carnival takes you to they are must prettier and more to do.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:49 AM

Cozumel is NO BIG DEAL! Its ugly and there is nothing around and George Town is ok.. I rather go on the Carnival if i were you. However, this is my personal opinion.,
Old 01-29-2003, 06:55 AM

We decided on Carnival, because of the on shore excursions! We liked what the islands had to offer more!!!

I appreciate everyone's comments
Old 01-29-2003, 08:37 AM

One problem with going on Carnival to the Eastern Caribbean is that you will only be in San Juan during the evening hours when a large percentage of interests are closed. However, St Martin, St.John and St.Thomas will provide a great tour experience. Great places to pack a lunch, rent a car and see the islands! Much better than taking a tour through the cruise line in my opinion. Cruiseman
Old 02-03-2003, 01:30 PM

In my personal opinion there is no comparison between CCL and RCI. CCL does not in my own prefessional opinion deliver a quality product compared to RCI. Overall RCI runs a much tighter ship than CCL. I sailed on many many different types of cruise ships and CCL is the least favorite. No matter what CCL claims they are not what they claim. They claim they are the most popular cruise line in the world....I ask them what are you popular for? Bad food, bad service, ugly pools and hoards of people? Thats not a vacation that is a nightmare. But actually if you are of the Wal Mart type you just might enjoy CCL. Again just my opinion. I'm sure some you diehard CCL fans will rip me apart as you have no class.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:22 PM

Hi- I have not cruise on RC but I have been on Carnival 3 times and for one reason- I have kids. If they are happy I am happy. At first I tried to corral them and MAKE them behave- but they can't help it- it is like one giant slumber party for them- they run the halls- play in the elevators, have a great time with the other kids they meet on board. They aren't trying to be bad- they are just having fun- so for that reason alone - I would avoid Carnival- but maybe RC has as many kids. Not sure. Deb
Old 02-08-2003, 06:32 AM

I have been on 2 CCL. The Pride was very upscaled reminded me nothing of Walmart. I also have two children we all loved so much we are going on the Conquest this summer. CCL is the Fun Ship. I did not have one bad experience on CCL. By the way it's Professional not the way you spelled it.

dmh

Closed Thread