Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 07:20 PM

Sorry. I just posted my above post, and then checked the Carnival site. Turns out, they are towing it to San Diego. The Coast Guard and I must think alike!
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 PM

The only thing tht HAS to be taken into consideration is the actual cruise contract which doesn't provide for any compensation. I don't know what else Carnival could do to make the situation any fairer or smoother, but then again, we really don't know what is actually happening onboard right now. Those that complain wanting more would do so no matter what was offered. This particular cruise does give me the motivation to book balcony staterooms from now on!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Here's a good reason why everyone should get those passports.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:43 PM

One other thing I saw in the Carnival news link. They are providing reimbursement for travel expenses as well. So, so far, compensation is a 100% refund, reimbursement of travel expenses, and a credit equal to the price paid on this cruise. I think they are offering fair compensation, but again, not experiencing the conditions first hand, don't know how bad they are. I can only imagine.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 PM

HERE is the latest update.

Edit to update the update link.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
Here's a good reason why everyone should get those passports.
The passport card would work ok in Mexico, unless a flight was involved.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
quote:
Like others stated, there are other expenses that have to be taken into consideration, not necessarily dealing with money, such as vacation time, travel time to the port, hotels, etc.
That's what Travel Insurance is for.

Will travel insurance cover all of that. Will it pay for your house, or pet setter? Will it pay for the Travel Insurance you will use on you replacement cruise. For some people the cost of those items is alot.
I am not sure what the answer is but people are going to be hurt dollarwise with this. I am not sure there is a way to make it fair.
Again Carnival as stepped up, but they are not covering everything.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 PM

When I go on any vacation, I prepare myself that something could go "wrong". When I drive in my car - I know that my car could break down and that is an expense I am not counting on having on my vacation. I lost one full day of vacation in an airport because the plane was being repaired. A friend of mine suffered a heart attack while on vacation in Mexico and ended up in the hospital for weeks. Anything can happen and in those instances, you don't get reimbursed from anyone. Everyone should have an emergency fund - whether it is at home or on vacation and be prepared for accidents to happen and deal with them as they do. It sounds like Carnival is really trying to make it right the best they can. I leave on my first cruise in 4 weeks - I can't wait. I always breath a sigh of relief when I get back from an "accident" free vacation! Do you think the price of our drinks will go up? Who cares -I have it budgeted in case they do!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:46 PM

In reply to gdjoselin: Carnival is doing all they can. I do not see how any one can complain.
Any trip you take - do you have guarantees that you will return safely, won't be in an accident, a hotel fire, earthquake, etc. ? Extra costs and inconveniences - that's part of life. If you plan a vacation and then become sick - can you blame anyone for that. The only one this event is costing is Carnival.

We were on NCL when they lost all power - luckily we were in port. Within an hour all bathrooms were filled up, inoperable and overflowing. We had to take a 25 mile bus trip to find a bathroom to use at a shopping center.
I think the cruise lines are fortunate with the number of ships out, that more "bad things" don't happen. You take your chances when you cruise, or get in a car, airplane - or take a walk. Happy Cruising. We are heading for our 25th cruise on Carnival.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
We are heading for our 25th cruise on Carnival.
Congratulations grandmag on your Milestone cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
barbara, blog, carnival, cruise, deer, dillon, fire, hit, insurance, nashville, photography, review, smugmug, splendor, travel