Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 AM

We have taken several cruises on the holiday and celebration but we are going on the legend this summer. Can we wear capris to dinner (i know not formal nights) or do we need to dress a bit more? Love the dining so dont want to miss it by not bring the right clothes
Old 02-14-2008, 08:58 PM

Not sure about the Capris 'Mac' but since you are bringing clothes for the formal evenings, let me tell you that the Supper Club is NOt to be missed. I sailed the Legend back in Oct '04 and had the best meal of my life. It is located all the way at the top of the Atrium under the red-glass dome. WOW!! Trust me.
Sorry i couldn't help with the capris, but if there is anything else you would like to know re: The Legend, feel free to ask me.

Billy
Old 02-14-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
We have taken several cruises on the holiday and celebration but we are going on the legend this summer. Can we wear capris to dinner (i know not formal nights) or do we need to dress a bit more? Love the dining so dont want to miss it by not bring the right clothes
Hi macmom, Carnival has them listed in the FAQ What should I pack? They don't have them listed in the FAQ Is there a dress code for the dining room?

Since they mentioned them in one, I would think it would be fine on the non-formal nights as far as a Carnival dress code. I have no idea about ladie's fashions though.

If you have only sailed on the Celebration and the Holiday, you are in store for some WOW!!

Dwayne
Old 02-15-2008, 12:06 PM

Hi, since we are on the subject, for the formal nights can my husband wear nice pants with a tie or does he have to have a suit on ?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:14 PM

The recommendation for gentlemen is for a jacket and tie for formal nights.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 PM

thanks for the info. we absolutely love the holiday. celebration is nice too but loved the holiday. First cruise we took we packed dresses, very nice pants outfits for dinner. and a formal for formal night. We were way over dressed for the regular nights dinner seating. we now know better for those ships but the legend being bigger we dont want to be underdressed and miss the dinners we really enjoy them.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzybelle:
Hi, since we are on the subject, for the formal nights can my husband wear nice pants with a tie or does he have to have a suit on ?
Hi dizzybelle, Neil is right about the jacket and tie recommendation. It doesn't have to be a suit per say. For example, I wear Dockers, and a nice shirt and tie with a jacket.

Dwayne
Old 05-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Billy what is the Supper Club? Is it an additional cost? I've noticed others mentioning this as well and say cruisers should sign up ASAP...where do I do that?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
what is the Supper Club
These are extra-fee dining rooms on the newer Carnival ships (Spirit class, Conquest, etc.). It costs $30 per person and you have to set up a reservation. Since these are small specialty restaurants the tables book up fast so it is wise to set it up as soon as possible.

Closed Thread