Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 06:47 PM

Sailing out of New York. Never on Carnival. Anyone have any info on Miracle. I have sailed only once before on Celebrity Galaxy in 11/03. What do I need to know about Carnival that Celebrity may not have?
Also, I have read where they add $40 pp for gratuities, how many people total @ $40 is billed to your card?
Thanks,
bippy
Old 05-26-2004, 06:47 PM

Sailing out of New York. Never on Carnival. Anyone have any info on Miracle. I have sailed only once before on Celebrity Galaxy in 11/03. What do I need to know about Carnival that Celebrity may not have?
Also, I have read where they add $40 pp for gratuities, how many people total @ $40 is billed to your card?
Thanks,
bippy
Old 05-26-2004, 08:49 PM

Miracle anybody?????
I can't find any reviews anywhere on her. I know she's new, but surely someone out there had to be aboard. ???

Thank you for your support
Old 05-27-2004, 03:22 AM

I have come accross one review of the Miracle for those interested:
http://www.cruiseco.com/cruiseships/...ivalmirrev.htm
Old 05-27-2004, 08:08 AM

Hey BippyTrip,
Since you have sailed on Celebrity and now you will be sailing on Carnival you might be in for a surprise. First of all Celebrity and CCL are totally different and can't be compared. In August on Carnival...there will be a slew of kids...not just a few...could be a thousand. Personally I would not cruise in the summer and I have kids of my own. But thats my opinion. The Miracle is supposed to be a good ship...just from what I've read on the Spirit Class ships. It looks good and the intinarery is great...You will like Tortola. Have fun and let us know how you liked it.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:10 PM

Thanks cruznboy41.
I am going in July not August, but I know same difference. Kids out of school. Itinerary is Cape Can. FL; Nassau; and Freeport. We are game for a little more excitement than was on the Galaxy. Will probably act worse than the kids anyway.
Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:40 AM

I sailed on the Miracle out of Baltimore on 5/24. It is a beautiful ship. I pre-paid my tips and it cost me $68.00 total. They do charge 15% for drinks, etc. All $$$ transactions are handled through your "Sail and Sign" card. No cash transactions, with the exception of Bingo...you can pay cash for a card. 1 for $10.00, three cards for $20.00
Old 06-08-2004, 06:08 AM

There were 300 children on my cruise...."Camp Carnival" does an excellent job. With the exception of a hand full of children you would not have known that they were there.

Cruise Director Todd Wittmer was excellent along with his two sidekicks, Big Tex, and Karl with a "K".

I have no complaints about the ship or crew....however, as in life you run into rude people. And unfortunately there were several of them on my cruise. When I encountered them I shook my head and didn't let them ruin my vacation.

As for shore excursions...did the trolley tour in Key West. The trolleys cannot stop except for designated stop lights and signs...so you tend to see things as they go by. Swimming with the Stingrays at the Blue Lagoon has to rate as one of the most exciting things that I have done while on vacation...don't forget to bring a waterproof camera. My wife and sister-in-law just did the Blue Lagoon excursion. As for Freeport excursions, when did the Garden of the Groves/City Tour. The Gardens are beautiful. But, we spent more time being dropped off at shopping areas than at the Gardens...this is only my opinion...you may like the opportunity to shop.

The shows were excellent...the first one is called "Generations" and musical tribute to 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc music and the last one is a "Tribute to the Beatles". There is a show for early seating diners and well as late. And in between the two large scale productions are comedians, jugglers, magicians, etc. Again, each performers an early and late show..and most perform and "R" rated version of there show in the Mad Hatters Lounge at midnight.

The food....I gained 10 pounds and I was being good. Treat yourself in the Main Dining Room...on two occassions I ordered more than one entree. Filet Migon and Lobster Tail...just couldn't pass it up. And, if you cannot find something that you like on the Liddo Deck Buffet....it doesn't exist.

Enjoy your cruise ont he Miracle.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:37 PM

GLW513

Thanks for your replies. A lot of useful info. It will be very helpful.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnival, july, miracle, reviews