Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:03 PM

The Porters at the pier have an ample supply of permanent, real bag tags. I'd discard the paper ones and have them put the real thing on if I were you. Just bring a Sharpie marker with you.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM

Just a reminder you can get better tags from the porters, but you should still put something on your bag before you leave home. If the airlines lose your luggage it will make it easier for your luggage to catch up with you, and easier for the cruise line to help locate the luggage if you have a cruise tag on the bag. Also; Just take some self-adhesive address labels with you to mark the tags you get from the porters.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:53 AM

Cruise Fanatic, That is great advice! I do the same thing in case a tag gets torn off during the transportation or delivery process. I use the 3M luggage tags, they are heavy duty, and not that expensive.

Larry's recommendation of putting something inside the luggage is brilliant. That would have helped them find me when my snorkel gear got lost.

Dwayne
Old 04-12-2008, 05:43 AM
I just read all you guys idea and they all sound great because I sure was wondering what to do with those paper tags so these were some great ideas. And Yes i am doing the doc dance ...Yea Yea Yea.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM

Yes, I have used a permanent marker pen, and wrote my name, address and phone number inside my luggage.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:51 PM

cruisedad,that is a good idea of putting a copy of your passport picture, etc. in your luggage.

You also mentioned about being on the Triumph. Did you write a review? I was wondering what you thought about the ship? We just came back from being on the Carnival Liberty, which is a much larger ship. It was nice, but to say the least, I would go back on the Triumph anytime.

I am planning on writing a reviw on the Liberty, but I have been sick ever since (not from being on the ship) I left, and came back, but plan to do it soon.

brneyes
Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 PM

That is fine, but as I said, I used the clear 8 x 10 plastic covers with string tape, and to say the least, when I got home, they were STILL on.

Of course if you don't have access to the 8 x 10 plastic covers or string tape, then bringing the tags for the Porters to put on is what a person should do. I just like to have everything done "before" I get on the ship, and don't want to "hastle" with something before I get on.

brneyes

brneyes
Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 PM

So true, so true, that us why I said I have my information on the luggage "before" I leave.

Actually a few years ago, if I hadn't, it would probably have taken longer to get back to me, as our luggage went on another cruse line for 4 1/2 days.

brneyes
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 PM

spiritfilled, when is your cruise? It seems like you started out asking questions way befor I did, me thinking that you would be on your way SOON.

We just got back from the Carnival Liberty the last day being April 6th.

I hope to give a report when I get feeling better.

brneyes
Old 04-17-2008, 04:19 AM
brneyes, dear i tend to ask questions as soon as I book I think. I am not leaving until May 4th which is in a few weeks I am so excited!! I too am going on the Carnival Liberty so I am anxious to see your review before I leave if it is posted by then. I hope you feel better soon nothing like coming off a cruise and getting sick, maybe climate change but at nay rate get well soon.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, destiny, imagination, laminate, laminated, luggage, paradise, put, reviews, ship, stay, tag, tags, tape, triumph