Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 PM

spiritfilled, well May will soon be here before you know it.

As for me, I felt a tad of a cold coming on the day I left on the cruise, and it just got WORSE. (When so many people all over the US got the flu/cold about a month or so ago, I did not get it then. I think that is why I got the "leftover" fly/viris a few weeks ago.)

I am hoping to do the review soon, as after almost 3 weeks, I'm starting to get better, thank God! I will put it under the Carnival Liberty, and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

brneyes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 PM

Greetings everyone
When we got our " Welcome Aboard " info and trip intinary on page 12 was a copy of the luggage tag complete with our deck, and room number and which side of the ship we were on. All we did was use a heavier paper - 25# bond paper and printed them off on our ink jet, they look like the real thing as they even have a valid bar code on them.

Canuckcrusiers
Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 AM
The luggage tags I printed out screamed DO NOT CUT. They want us to FOLD. WHAT?? I did print them out on photo paper so they are heavy but why in the world can't we cut them out?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:15 AM

Pam, The paper bag tags are a joke anyway. I suppose they think if you fold them they may be stronger than printer paper. Using them is, in my opinion, a mistake. They made them available when they went to edocs because people are used to getting them in advance so when they quit sending ticket packets their phones exploded with calls about "Where are my bag tags?, You used to send me bag tags? When will you be sending me the bag tags?" So they made some rediculous paper printable ones so people would stop worrying about bag tags. I have never printed them, I know there are many on here with brilliant ways of laminating them and other things to make them work. When you get to the pier, the Porters have in hand "real" permanent bag tags. They will fill them out right before your eyes and put them on your luggage for you.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Well thanks, Neil! Why do they DO that to us?! Good grief, so we waste ink and paper and aggravation for no reason.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Yep, we're all creatures of habit and when people quit getting real tags in advance they panicked. The cruiselines didn't want the printing and shipping expense of just sending tags when the whole purpose of going to e-docs was to cut out millions of dollars in shipping costs. At some point people will get used to the idea that bag tags are not needed in advance of arrival at the pier. Until then, the folks who just have to have them because they always did before can continue to print the paper ones and rig them to stay on their bags.

By the way, the airlines hate to have cruiseline bag tags on your luggage as well. They're just one more thing in the way when they're trying to process your luggage with their info attached. For everyone out there printing and laminating, it really would be helpful to all involved if you did the tags at the pier.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Administrator

I'm sure not going to spend any time trying to make paper tags work. The porter tags are the way to go.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:48 PM

I agree the paper tags are flimsy and have a good chance of getting torn off if not re-inforced. However; there is a reason to put them on before you get to the pier. If the airline loses your luggage, it will have a better chance of catching up with you on the cruise if the ship tag is on the luggage. It also helps the cruise line track it down faster. Also, certain destinations like Alaska, on cruisetours the cruise line may be collecting your luggage for you at the airport. The airlines are used to the cruise tags and it's really no different than other ID tags on the bag. The tags that the airlines really hate, are when people think it's cool to keep 10 airline destination tags on their luggage from past trips. It slows down luggage retrieval and makes it very difficult for the airlines to sort through which is the correct destination for your current trip. Always tear off any old tags.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 AM

Thanks Cruise Fanatic, That sounds like great advice to me. With all of the flights going to, and cruise ships leaving from Miami, this would be a big problem for misplaced luggage too.

Dwayne
Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 AM

I love the new mailed Carnival tags!

Everything is pre-printed. Just peel, loop, and stick!

These are a lot better than the old, fill it out yourself tags with a flimsy string.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, destiny, imagination, laminate, laminated, luggage, paradise, put, reviews, ship, stay, tag, tags, tape, triumph