Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 02:44 PM

I just want to make a suggestion, as we ran into a problem, since Carnival decided to cut down on their tags, and send us only a "fax" copy of what we needed. How they "expected" the "thin" paper to stay on the luggage is beyond me.

It was suggested that we have the fax copy laminated, but they could not do it, so this is what I came up with, and it looks like it is going to work for us.

If you have any plastic cover sheets (8 1/2 x 11), (you can get them at Office Max/K-mart, etc.)cut them in half, after you have folded the fax copy with the Carnival information 3 times, slip it into half of the sheet. Take some tape like string tape (has nylon treads running through it), tape the long side, slip it under the handle, and then tape the end. It will stay on your luggage without tearing off.

I hope this helps, if any of you got "faxed" sheets with your information on it. How Carnival ever expected the sheet to stay with the luggage is beyong me.

brneyes
Old 03-29-2008, 07:03 AM
You can laminate it using clear packing tape, that is a cheap and easy solution that works well.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 03-29-2008, 10:26 AM

I agree with Larry.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:14 PM

I really got a laugh when I saw the tags on our recent cruise. "They've GOT to be kidding!" Anyway, all of the porters now carry a stapler in their pocket and they will gladly attach it for you at the pier. For a precaution, I also had a strip of tape on the side of the suitcase marking last name and cabin number just incase the stapled tag came off. It didn't and everything arrived just fine.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:24 PM

I laminated mine, but my aunt just used clear packing tape and did just fine. From now on, I will taping it. takes a lot less time.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 AM
I also put a piece of paper with all my cruise information and my cell number inside the suitcase. It's in a large font and on top of everything so it can't be missed.

Usually put a copy in the outside pocket as well.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 AM

That's a great idea Larry! The tag came off of my snorkel bag once and they didn't deliver it. I had to identify the contents of the bag. I put those heavy-duty 3M luggage tags on now as well with a business card in them.

Dwayne
Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 AM

Well our tags did make it by me putting them in the 8/10 holder, and then cutting it in half, taping the side and ends.

Yes, I had heard that also, about them having a stapler, but I didn't want to wait until we got there, I wanted to take care of it, before I left.

I discovered on this trip they are really cutting down in a lot of areas. Right now, I have been sick with a bad cold, but plan to write a review, once I feel better.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry in Miami:
I also put a piece of paper with all my cruise information and my cell number inside the suitcase. It's in a large font and on top of everything so it can't be missed.

Usually put a copy in the outside pocket as well.
Along those same lines, but a little off topic, is to put a copy of your passport photo page in your luggage. This is not to protect your luggage but rather the passpport. If you loose your passport you will be amazed how much easier it is to replace at an American Embassy when you have a photo copy. Happened to my wife in Paris. She had her copy, and Voila, she had a new passport of Paris issue. It wasn't quite that easy but it sure helped.

Oh yea and we laminated our paper luggage tags. I think it was overkill, simple packing tape, as was suggested, is enough, the 8x10 clear cover is a good idea too. And the first time we sailed the Triumph we had no tags and wrote on our luggage with white out, it was all we could find in the hotel room, "Triumph" and the cabin number and that worked.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Yes, laminating takes more time/money, unless you have it where you are.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, destiny, imagination, laminate, laminated, luggage, paradise, put, reviews, ship, stay, tag, tags, tape, triumph