Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 AM

Were hoping to go on the Equinox next year and were trying to book a room with veranda. However, the ones we are being offered all have either a room with sofa bed on each side or a room with bunk bed. Does this mean that these rooms are going to have at least 3 people in them, possibly 4? And will this mean a lot of noise?
The time of year we are going is September. I know there are no school holidays in Uk at that time of year, but not sure about the USA. Ive got nothing against kids - I even have some of my own - but weve lately had some bad nights in hotels and little sleep due to children in next room.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:46 AM

Hi Peterfrany, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Since she hasn't sailed yet, it would be a little difficult to answer your question about noise. The newer ships we've sailed on recently are extremely quiet. We sailed on the Mediterranea in January. All the balcony rooms had a sofa in them which could be converted into another queen size bed. We had 4 in the cabin next to us on one side, and 2 on the other. The only time I heard them was when I went out on the balcony. The only school holiday we have in the US in September is labor day and that's at the beginning of the month. Depending on your itinerary, the longer the older the demographics (usually), there shouldn't be a whole lot of children on board. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM

My TA who is also our good friends just dropped off the brochure for the Solsitice and Equinox, they are wonderful looking rooms and larger. 195 sq ft compared to 170 sq ft. Its nice having a sofa in the room, instead of having to sit on the bed most of the time. You are going to enjoy it. Don't worry about it being too noisy. Now we have to decide which cruise we want to do, probably going next February with friends.

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09
Old 04-05-2008, 06:30 PM

Hello, We have been very pleased with Celebrity, having sailed on the Millennium previously to the Islands and to Europe. I believe that the Soltise is going to the Islands, but does anyone know where it will sail after that destination? We would like to book the Equinox, but since it is sailing in Europe, and having just been there, we are hoping there are some new destinations in store for these new ships. We don't want to wait too long for fear on not getting the stateroooms we would like. Thank you for any information you may have.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 AM

They both are doing 10-14 night cruises,in the Mediterainian, Turkey, Greece, and most areas surrouding. in 2009 Solsitice will do a Trans Atlantic on April 19, 2009 leaving from Ft Lauderdale to Rome, 15 nights.

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 AM

thank you will look into it

Closed Thread