Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 05:56 AM

Over the past couple of years,we have been cruising mostly with Royal Caribbean on their Radiance-class vessels. At the top of our list is the Solarium Pool; what a beautiful haven.

I am looking at a Celebrity Caribbean 2005-2006 brochure and thinking that perhaps it's time we sailed with them for a change, especially on the Constellation out of Cape Liberty in March. Schedule-wise, this would be perfect for us.

I am looking at page 52 at a photo of what seems to me to be this ship's "Solarium Pool", but the caption says "Aqua Spa by Elemis". What is the story? Is this pool available to all (adults perhaps) as is the Solarium Pool on RCI, or is this truly part of the spa with a separate charges involved to use it?

I thank you for your responses---this could be a deal-breaker.

Lana
Old 10-06-2005, 01:10 PM

The Aqua-spa on the Millennium class ships is similar to the solarium pools on RC. There is no additional charge for its use.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:19 PM

Also, children are not permitted. The Millennium class ships have a no frills pool for the main guests. So this pool is a good retreat.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:39 AM

This is a Thalasso Therapy Pool and not a swimming pool. The water is treated with special minerals. On the 2 longer sides of the pool are stainless steel sitting areas with some kind of whirlpool effect. Swimming is not permitted in this pool!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:21 AM

I have seen people swimming in the solarium pool on the Millennium with no problem. Besides the two "racks" the pool also offers 4 water stations for massaging your back, head, etc. and several water jets the emit strong streams of water at various levels for massaging your lower back, legs etc.. The solarium also has some Jacuzzis and is a great place to hang out.

One of the main features I enjoy is the solarium food venue that serves healthy choicces for breakfast and lunch. I think you will really enjoy it.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
celebraty, celebrity, cruise, cruises, indoor, melimu, millenium, milleniumsolarium, picture, pool, pools, ship, ships, solariam, solarium