Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 07:50 AM

Reading this latest from folks who were so disappointed in Zenith reminded me to remember.....one persons treasure is another man's trash. I am learning to put on a "filter" when I read a lot of these reviews...why? It could easily be a mistake to make a judgement based on one or two opinions. We absolutely loved our 14 days on Zenith last March for all reasons imaginable...so much so that it got me hooked in cruising and we will have been on 3 cruises this year alone. Two on Celebrity ships and one on Holland America coming up on the 27th of this month. Alaska booked for Aug. 2006 on Princess. And, no, I'm not all that easy to please either ! Live, love and be happy !!!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I am learning to put on a "filter" when I read a lot of these reviews...why? It could easily be a mistake to make a judgement based on one or two opinions.
You're certainly right about that! Reviews are always subjective, which is why I seldom read movie reviews. So many times I've gone to see a "great" movie, according to the reviews, and have been bored or disappointed.

As I said earlier, I sailed a 4-nighter on the Zenith last month and loved it. But it's not everyone's cup o'tea!

Sandy
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM

In response to one2fish, we have been on Princess four times and Celebrity once. I like the food on both lines but think Celebrity has a slight edge. Both lines have beautiful ships that reflect each line's personality. We typically take Princess because it is usually a few hundred dollars per person less than Celebrity. I sure you will have a wonderful cruise on Princess.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 PM

The Zenith was fun, but look closer at the upkeep of this boat. Paint and caulk on the windows, the grout in the public restrooms looking untouched for years, cracking tile, and for me, numerous service problems.
So after you do this, then tell me how you feel compared to other ships.
I dont want to sit here and list all my complaints, but there were definitely ones that bothered me.
My guess is, since they sold this boat, all money Celebrity is using, is going to the other ships.
I will end with a postive. The food was excellent, and the weather was great!
Im out!

Art
Old 12-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:

* Like Celebrity's Millennium-class specialty restaurants, Century's new specialty restaurant will present an intimate, elegant dining experience with a menu designed by Celebrity's longtime culinary and wine consultant, Master Chef Michel Roux. The venue, still to be themed, will follow the distinctive style of Celebrity's Millennium-class specialty restaurants, which introduced the industry's first tableside cooking, carving and flambe.
I anxiously await further details on this new restaurant once they become available. I wonder if we will find more liner memorabilia on board and, if so, which ship will be featured.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:22 PM

I love a nice specilaty resturant
HAL Oosterdam
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit
Golden Princess

"Integrity begins with I!"

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruises, eclipse, perks, sky, suite