Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM

I'm heading out on the Constellation for a 7-night cruise on January 31. This is my first cruise on Celebrity and I have a couple of questions:

1. How formal is formal? Will a dark suite be okay for formal nights and a dress shirt and tie (no jackets) for the semi-formal nights?

2. How strict are they against bringing alcohol on board? We wanted to bring a bottle of wine on board for Bon Voyage instead of buying one on the ship.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM

I'm heading out on the Constellation for a 7-night cruise on January 31. This is my first cruise on Celebrity and I have a couple of questions:

1. How formal is formal? Will a dark suite be okay for formal nights and a dress shirt and tie (no jackets) for the semi-formal nights?

2. How strict are they against bringing alcohol on board? We wanted to bring a bottle of wine on board for Bon Voyage instead of buying one on the ship.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:48 AM

Hi Brad,

My husband and I will be on the cruise with you. I can hardly concentrate at work because I am getting so excited.

I think you can bring a bottle of wine for a corkage fee, but I am not sure. We plan to bring a couple of water bottles with Vodka and rum for drinks in the room.

See you next Saturday!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:28 PM

Hi gointobethin1,

We can't wait either. Only 1 more week to go...
Old 01-23-2004, 05:13 AM

My husband will be wearing a dark suit and tie on the formal nights. The remaining nights he will just wear nice slacks and a button down shirt and loafers.

Hope this helps, from what I hear people will be wearing all sorts of things.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:35 PM

Hi, Brad -

A dark suit and tie should be fine for Formal nights, but you may want to bring a sportcoat for the "Informal" nights. No ties required on those nights. On "Casual" nights slacks and sport shirts or other collared shirts are fine.

Celebrity definitely allows wine to be brought on board, and can be served for a corkage fee in the dining room or the Ocean Liners restaurant. Celebrity has a very good wine list that is pretty reasonably priced, so make sure it's really worth the hassle of bringing those bottles along! They officially prohibit bringing liquor on board, but many people bring a few bottles in their carry ons or checked bags with no problem. You should search for other posts on that subject to see the heated discussions!

Enjoy your cruise!

Closed Thread