Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 06:05 PM

"Those guests who do not cancel their reservation and pay in full will receive one logo item per stateroom, onboard their cruise."

Too bad, Dave. It would have been nice if they had at least given people a few days to pay up before the new surcharge.

I guess that having paid last week I won't get my free logo item though.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Looks like NCL is charging the surcharge now too...but not to paid up customers...Just new bookings.....I think that's the way they all should have done it.....Just have a couple less drinks or don't buy a watch on board and you won't notice it....Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM

I've now finished all my contact of clients affected by the fuel sur-charges. At least all the ones I've recieved to date, hope there are no more coming.

I went through Princess, HAL, Carnival, Cunard, Costa & RCCL without a single cancellation. Celebrity was my final group of clients on my list and I've had two cancellations and have 3 more threatening to do so, who said they'll get back to me on whether they still want their booking. I don't know what to make of Celebrity passengers being the only ones I have who became outraged and cancelled. Will be scratching my head for a while over this one.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-27-2007, 05:37 AM

Dave my cruise is march 2nd and i paid my cruise off in july but i still had to pay the surcharge so you will have to for your june cruise also princess said didnt matter if you paid in full or not you still have to pay if your cruise is after february.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Celebrity was my final group of clients on my list and I've had two cancellations and have 3 more threatening to do so, who said they'll get back to me on whether they still want their booking.
I can just hear them now "Boy we'll show Celebrity! We'll just cancel our cruise and not go! We'll just stay home! That'll show them!"

How lame! I mean really, what is $5/day in the whole scheme of things? What % of the total per diem (including airfare, transfers, tips, and everything else we pay for on a cruise) is $5???

BUT, if that $5/day is going to break the bank, then maybe you need to reconsider going anywhere ever again!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Banned

With most people it is about the principal, not the money..

Closed Thread