Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2003, 03:31 PM

Hi,

This is our first cruise. We are set sail to Alaska for 7 night in May on the Celebrity Mercury.

What is the food like aboard? Is it worth the extra $33.00 for the soda fountain card?

How stringent is the dress code?

Any suggestions/tips is appreciated to help enjoy our experience aboard is appreciated.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:31 PM

Hi,

This is our first cruise. We are set sail to Alaska for 7 night in May on the Celebrity Mercury.

What is the food like aboard? Is it worth the extra $33.00 for the soda fountain card?

How stringent is the dress code?

Any suggestions/tips is appreciated to help enjoy our experience aboard is appreciated.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:04 PM

how did you find out about the soda card? seems very worth it to me.
When in May are you sailing?
Old 04-13-2003, 10:35 PM

Dress code is not as stringent in Alaska as other locations. We can't wear jeans or bathing suits in the dining room. Formal nights can be dark suit and tie, with a cocktail dress, pant suit, or a basic black dress for a woman, in addition to a gown. Are you sure that $33 was the price for a soda card? That seems very high for 7 nights. If it's actually for soda, it's fountain drinks only, and doesn't include sodas in the dining room, nor does it include cans. Unless you drink a huge amount of soda, I don't think it's worth it. Glasses are generally $1.50, and cans $2.50, both plus 15% tips added to it. Hope this gives you some help.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:12 AM

The Mercury is a beautiful ship and the service is excellent on the Mercury. As for the food many people like the food on Mercury but food is a personal choice and the food on Mercury did not impress me in anyway.

The Mercury will have a couple formal nights on your cruise and a dark suit or nice dress will do fine.

You are cruising Alaska and that is my favorite place to cruise. My best advice for Alaska is bring lots of film and always keep your eyes open because you never know what you will see or where you will see it.

My best advice to help you enjoy your cruise is read the daily newsletter in your cabin on the Mercury. Pick out a couple things you really want to do and focus on those things instead of wearing yourself out trying to do everything. The best thing to do is let the crew take care of you and sit back and enjoy the beauty of Alaska.

Would I cruise on the Mercury again? Yes I would if the price was right and it was going to someplace I wanted to see. It is not my personal favorite ship or cruise line but it is a great ship and I can understand why people like Celebrity.

Would I cruise Alaska again? Yes absolutely. I have cruised there multiple times and I will go back multiple times.

You are in for a great experience in cruising on the Mercury and in Alaska.

Closed Thread