Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Wow, was reading the cruise reviews on Mercury and the latest 2 were horror storys and the 3rd one (earlier) was fabulous. What's to believe? It was making me think of the Horizon that Celebrity use to own and has sold. It was a surprise getting on board the Horizon at that time, I had just gotten off the Galaxy which was beautiful. I know the Mercury is like the Galaxy but that was 1998. Has anyone cruised the Mercury recently and can give a review?

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 06-29-2008, 08:03 PM

The only complaints I've heard in a very long time with regard to Celebrity is that they've let a few of their ships go too long between refurbish. Millennium is a good example right now, the recent feedback I'm getting is that the condition of the ship is poor. That's coming from multiple sources that have sailed recently. Things worn, and in dis-repair. The ship looking tired and even dirty in some cases. Galaxy went through a period with similar issues. Mercury went through refurb in 2007 so that can't be the issue that was the basis of the complaints. I have had glowing reports back from recent passengers of Mercury.

There are reviewers that bring valid issues up in some reviews that are not complimentary from time to time. There are also those who are never satisfied and seem to live their lives looking for things to complain about. I don't know which category the reviews you read fall into but I have a hunch it may have been the latter. I've read critical reviews of the same ship and sailing date I've sailed on and had a wonderful time. I often wondered how those posting that review could have been on the same ship I was on and had poor food when mine was great? How they hated the shows I'd enjoyed so much? What was wrong with the ports I had a blast at?

Some of what you read in these reviews you simply have to take with a grain of salt. You don't know the reviewer on the ones posted regularly on these sites, are they credible? Who knows. I can't imagine Celebrity Mercury being a nightmare cruise, I'd sail her right now if given the oppt'y.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Also notice that of the most recent reviews, one was over one year ago and the other nearly two years, so don't base too much credibility on the content.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Thank you both for your replys. I was trying to find out if it had been refurbished and didn't see it anywhere.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Closed Thread