Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 02:50 PM

I have not been on a celebrity cruise, but would never choose the Dream over a celebrity from what I have heard of them. I love NCL and the freestyle cruising, but was so disappointed when we sailed on the Dream. Even wrote a letter to NCL suggesting that they retire the ship or do a massive remodeling and change crew. The crew seemed as worn as the ship and the food was not as good as other ships of NCL.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:50 PM

A definite plus for Infinity. Was on the Wind the same as the Dream . Infinty is in a different class You want a big ship for going around Cape Horn.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM

Before she was streached I would have said the Dream hands down for the trip around the Horn but now... I think I would like the Infinity better.

The Infintiy offers more room for activities in not so nice weather. Then you need to look at the ports of call - you need to decide which ones you would perfer and then the is meals...

I tend to prefer the tradional dining offers for Celebrity but the again the Dream is not the 100% Free style dinning you might be used to from newer NCL ships since she was build way before they started dreaming free style...

Choosing a particular cruise line is a very personal thing - they may all carry this label "MainStream" but in realitiy each product is different enough to make or break a vacation for a particular passenger.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 AM

I think everyone makes some good points, but any eventual decision has to balance priorities. There are always trade offs. For some people, the ship IS the cruise. For others, it is the Ports, and for yet others, price is key.

For me, the decision was easy - the Dream. To me the Ports are what makes a cruise. And the price also plays a big role.

The Dream is a good ship, and where else can you take a 14 day cruise around the Horn for only $699 for an ocean view room?

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, date, equal, infinity, remodel, remodeling, reviews, schedule