Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 PM

We are planning a south american trip in Dec. still dont know whether to chose infinity or dream. We have done carnival and holland america before
Old 09-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Administrator

Hi ragatan, and welcome to cruise-chat.

I've been on both ships you mentioned, although one much more recently than the other. You said you've sailed Carnival and HAL in the past. Were there aspects of one that you enjoyed more than the other?

The main differences between Infinity and Norwegian Dream are size (Infinity is much larger, although N. Dream isn't tiny by any means), age (Infinity is younger and more modern), dining schedule (NCL has open seating, Celebrity uses set dining times), and evening dress (NCL is casual, Celebrity leans toward the formal).

Hope this is a good start. Let us know what you liked (or didn't like) about your previous cruises so we may help with further info.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Banned

Ragatan:

This was a topic of discussion a few weeks ago and here's the link to the cruise-chat.com posts. You may want to review this thread for some more opinions.

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/...2/m/3001038823

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA
Old 09-02-2007, 04:02 AM

Hello,

you can find any more Pictures from my Dream-Cruise to the Baltic im my Galery

For me was the Dream a great ship with very nice outside areas

Best regards from Germany
Mathias K.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:57 AM
The Dream is a good ship..just a little bit "Clunky"...small dining rooms, buffet...it was stretched a few year back to make it longer...but in doing that it lost something in it's design...we travel mostly on NCL but I wouldn't probably go back on the Dream....it did take me where I wanted to go....Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 09-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Hands down, no question about it, given the two ships if all else is equal go Celebrity. Not even a close call. Dream is a fine ship for getting from point A to point B with no frills. Celebrity Infinity is a cut above in every respect. If Dream were 1/3 the cost I'd think about it but probably still opt for Infinity.

Cheers, Neil
Old 09-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Hands down, no question about it, given the two ships if all else is equal go Celebrity.
In this case, not much is equal. There are significant differences between the two lines, some of which I outlined above. My last two cruises were on NCL and Celebrity, and while I liked them both, the onboard experiences were very different. We need the OP to come back and let us know what s/he liked about previous cruises and would like to see on the next.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Sorry Lisa, guess I should have phrased that differently. I should have said if price and itin were equal. I still can't see how the Dream could possibly be compared to Infiniy and come out of that comparison ahead in any category unless the cruiser were a die hard fan of freestyle options. Just one guy's opinion.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
The Dream is a good way to get from Point A to Point B without many frills....But it's still a cruise...and no cruise is really ever BAD...some are just better....Happy Sailing..

Bob E
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 PM

I cannot compare the two ships but we did South American trip around the Horn last February on Infinity and had a fantastic time. (Our first HAL cruise will be this winter) There are a few days at sea but it's the novelty of very different out of the way ports of call which made the trip great. Places we'd never get to any other way. The ports remain constant no matter how you manage to get there.

I guess it's a matter of travel philosophy -- which matters most the destination or the travel there.

Enjoy a wonderful trip,'

Ruth

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, date, equal, infinity, remodel, remodeling, reviews, schedule