Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 11:11 AM

I am on the Celebrity Century Jan 7, 2008. What are the best shore tours for Key West and Grand Cayman? Any good pricing?
Madonna
Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Hi Madonna, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you like key lime pie, visit the Blond Giraffe in Key West, great pie. It's right off of Duvall Street about a block off the main drag. Key West is a good place to just take the conch train into town and explore or visit the Hemingway house, it's a great town to bar hop if you enjoy that-lots of fun clubs. Grand Caymen the Stingray city tour is great, 7 mile beach is beautiful, there is some great shopping right where you tender to as well as some good snorkels. Can't help you with the pricing, we normally book our excursions through the ship. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Let me second the Blonde Giraffe as THE place to get a Key Lime Pie fix. Try the frozen chocolate covered version on a stick.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 PM

I will second the Conch Train as the best way to tour Key West. After the tour get a map (which are free at the depot) and start walking. This is a great walking port with many historical points of interest. Have not tried the pie from the Blonde Giraffe yet, it is on my list as well as Mel Fisher's.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 12-11-2007, 08:32 AM

Island Cruz, you have to try the Key Lime Pie, they'll ship the frozen chocolate covered on a stick, but not the entire pie-drat!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:51 AM

Madonna
I suggest instead of booking a tour from the ship's shore excursions in Key West that you take the "Trolley Tour". The main "Trolley" station is close to the dock, you can get off and reboard at any of it's stops (like Hemingways House etc). Duval St. is the main hub and easy to navigate (but will be crowded).
Grand Cayman is also easy to get around, I feel very safe there. Good shopping and eating close to where you dock/tender if you don't book a tour.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruise, excursions, key, reviews, shore, tours, west