Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 06:24 AM

I am now home and settled back in to my life in Tampa, Florida. Hoping to keep in touch with the wonderful people Rickie and I met on our 12-day Millenium cruise. Wasn't it just wonderful?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Hi Penny, and welcome to cruise-chat.

I'd love to hear more about your cruise, such as the ports visited and what you did in each. What did you think of Millennium?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 AM

Penny,
I am headed out on the Millenium on Aug 5th. There are eight of us from my 75 yr old Mother in law to my 11 year son. Any must not miss spots we should plan on?
Mark
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Hello Mark:

Just have a few minutes but wanted to respond; I can eloborate more at a later time. The Millenium is an awesome sea vessel; my girlfriend and had a cabin on the second floor. Not once did I feel like I was on the ocean; no sea sickness. Food is awesome. Staff are friendly, caring, and top notch professionals. We booked the Exclusives for Rome and Florence. This saved us time in lines and was fun and informative. I will get back to you as soon as I have more time.

Take care.
Penny
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Hello Penny, We are sailing to Europe with the Millennium in Nov. for two weeks. My first time there so I want to be certain to book things as early as possible. We sailed with the same ship to the Caribbean and loved it so much, so that is why we booked it again.
Any and all information as far as excursions would be greatly appreciated. I have a bit of a problem as far as fatigue (I have MS) so I would like the best of excursions, and TLC, if that is possible.
Thank you kindly for any help and suggestions that you can offer.
R & J.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Hello R&J:

Congratuations going to Europe on the Millie. Isn't she beautiful!!! You are going to have such a wonderful experience. I booked my trip only a couple of weeks before we left so I booked all of my tours once I was onboard. I am not sure if you are familar with cruisecritic.com but they have a message board and you will probably meet some people online before you cruise. The terrain you are traveling is hilly to say the least. By booking onboard, I missed out on Pompei but that was all.

My favorites were the Grand Canal, Venice; Florence and Santorini. I hope I have assisted you somewhat. When you go to celebrity cruises websites, they do indicate which tours are best according to the terrain.

Have a wonderful time; I wish I was going again in two weeks.

Oh yea, take cards to give out to the guests you meet and want to keep in touch with. I did not and have been searching high and low for one person I met in particular.

Be safe,

Penny
Tampa, Florida
Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 PM

Dear Penny, We appreciate your prompt reply and your information. We will begin looking into the valuable tips you provided, and hopefully meet some fellow passengers.
We always feel that part of the fun is looking forward to the trip.
Also, we are a bit worried, we have a CC class state room, but in the back of the ship. I need a handicapped room-do you have any idea if that is going to be a problem with noise or motion?
Thanks again. Wish you were joining us.
R and J

Closed Thread