Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   Celebrity Cruises (
-   -   Belated Honeymoon (

queenofcruzin 06-04-2009 04:08 PM

Since we had a secret, hi everyone, welcome to Card Club this month, BTW our Mothers and the Minister is here, cuz we are getting married tonight.....I have finally booked our Honeymoon, the Celebrity Century for a 6 day relaxing cruise out of Miami, leaving Feb 15. I have been dying to sail Celebrity, scored a Concierge Class cabin at a great price. Love to hear some feedback on these cabins, I know the ship is older, how's she doing? Anything....besides how Michigan is going out of to me cruise friends please.

Cruise Fanatic 06-04-2009 06:37 PM

As a former Michiganian I feel your pain.
I love the Century. I have been on her twice. In late 2005 Celebrity put 55 million into her. I was last on her in 2006. She is a nice size ship, not to big, not to little. The CC cabins aren't really any different than the balcony cabins except for a couple extra sq ft and you get lots of extra amenities.

janfred 06-05-2009 06:14 AM

I too agree with Cruise Fanatic and love the Century. We went to the British Isles on the Century and as much as the new Solstice is beautiful I still prefer the Century, I really love the smaller ships. I have always done CC class, it may be silly but I like the flowers, champagne, terry robes, pillow menu, padded chair covers on balcony etc it's just a nice touch

queenofcruzin 06-06-2009 11:28 AM

Thank you both, I really didn't pay that much more, and the location of the cabin helps. I am a smaller ship person myself, just wanna look forward to relaxing with my new hubby, he really deserves this, but the small touches are my thing. He dated a travel agent for about 5 years, so got to travel and cruise a bit. But the last couple of years have been tough on him, we are lucky to have found one another, he will be 50 3 weeks before the cruise, so I will plan a couple private surprises for him.