Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 08:16 PM

We'll be on the 7 night Greek Islands Galaxy cruise leaving Rome 6 Oct 2007.

I'd like to do one beach outing but not sure if that's easy on our port calls on Santorini or Mykonos.

Anyone actually try a couple of hours on the beach or is that just not practical - given lack of changing facilities, showers and the other conveniences you have if staying in a beach front hotel?

Thanks - rjw
Old 04-22-2007, 01:53 PM

I have taken beach breaks on both islands. Both are quite doable, but some of the most beautiful beaches in this region are on Mykonos (they are also easier to access than from Santorini). Here is a link to the info from Port Reviews: http://www.europeportreviews.com/Mykonos.htm

You will find it includes a description of the beach scene.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Hi Dick,

We're on the same cruise as you! We're going on our honeymoon. I'm not really looking at any beach excursions, though I did read about a volcano ot springs tour during the Santori stop. Looks like it's $52 per person and 3 hours long. You can visit www.celebrity.com, click on "Plan a Cruise" then "Shore and Land Excursions." Off to the right of the page you can download an excursion brochure for our exact cruise.

I posted a question on the "Europe Port Chat" section earlier today titled "Civitecchia." Don't know if you have any information.

Thanks and feel free to chat more if you want to talk about the cruise!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 PM

Hi Chrisin and congratulations on fhe fall wedding and honeymoon cruise. Hope our paths cross onboard.

We're doing a two night stay in Rome prior to the cruise - and will use Celebrity's transfer from airport to the docks so after the hotel stay we'll travel back to the airport to connect up with the dock shuttle. Would like to hear how that works at the airport and I assume we'll learn more when we get our cruise package. Trying to freelance most of the Rome stay and feel like it's doable by train, taxi, metro without too much dependence on having the more expensive packages. We'll be in the Hotel Santa Maria prior the cruise.

I've read that Celebrity does some itinerary alterations as local conditions dictate so not assuming too much at the moment - in particular the port call in Turkey. In fact I'd trade that for Dubrovnic or more time in Athens. The Athens port call sounds rather brief for the importance of the city - basically half a day.

We'll likely "underschedule" shore excursions - leave some time for ambling about the cities and pace ourselves taking stamina and terrain into consideration. We're not exactly newlyweds - closer to our 40th anniversary than our honeymoon.

Fun to meet our cruse companions ahead of the cruise. And still lots of questions but that's half the fun of it - anticipation, research and planning. Hard to think back to doing all this pre-internet.

Dick and Gay Williams
Kansas City Missouri
www.kcsky.net

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruise, cruises, greek, islands, reviews