Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 05:51 PM

for those of you that have done this cruise. is the majority of the cruise is the weather cold?? I am worried about spending the majority of the cruise inside the ship and not at the pool?? Not sure how i would keep myself entertained if there is bad weather...?? We are a 35 yr old couple taking our kids on a xmas cruise and are probably choosing this one..please help
Old 04-24-2006, 01:09 AM

Im going on this cruise, but with the Radiance, starting may 7th. I will write a detailed review. But it will be june, until I have done this review , first in german and than translated to english.

But if you read the site: http://www.hawaiiportreviews.com/

you can read, that it could be cold during the pacific cruise to Hawaii. People from our Roll-Call told us, to have some warm clothes for the first and last days at sea. But as you know, weather is unpredictable.

We will be prepared for every weather.

Best regards
Marita

Old 04-27-2006, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AnnieI:
for those of you that have done this cruise. is the majority of the cruise is the weather cold?? I am worried about spending the majority of the cruise inside the ship and not at the pool?? Not sure how i would keep myself entertained if there is bad weather...?? We are a 35 yr old couple taking our kids on a xmas cruise and are probably choosing this one..please help
Old 04-27-2006, 09:35 AM

Dear Annie:
I do not know how much room I have to tell you about our cruise from LA to Hawaii. However, I will tell you this BEWARE! We loved Hawaii, we laughed alot because my husband is the UNKNOWN COMIC without the paper bag but the ship the SUMMIT - so many things went wrong and they are not organized. I would never go on CELEBRITY again and definitely am sorry I ever went on the SUMMIT. We went April 9, had a lovely room with a VERANDA - only used it the first 2 days and the water was rough and very windy and to cold to sit at the pool. Coming home water was not as rough but weather very chilly and could not be on deck. This I do not fault the cruise line. So many things went wrong. We got off the plane coming from New York to LA and waited more than 1 1/2 hours for our transfer to the ship which we paid for via our cruise agent through CELEBRITY. Gave us BS that Nascar Races and buses were there. Bunch of crap. Buses are supposed to be there to pick up their passengers for the ship. Got to the ship and another very very long line which we stood on for 1 1/2 hours or longer. We got into LA about Noon. Got on the ship about 4:30-5:00. They told us they were cleaning the ship. LOL! Found out later that there was a virus and they were sterilizing the ship. Now why could they not tell us the truth? I think we could have understood that. That was the beginning of our DREAM VACATION from Hell!! Much more to tell you in between but lets get to the end. When we did get off the ship which if this site allows me I will tell you, we were directed by CELEBRITY PERSONNEL with our TRANFER to a bus. WRONG BUS!! Was let off at what I believe was called TOM BRADLEY TERMINAL. A few other couples on the same bus with us going to what we thought was AMERICAN AIRLINES TERMINAL. We ened us at all these foreign terminals and the bus driver outright refused to take us to AMERICAN AIRLINES even though we told him we would take care of him. The bus was full of people going to their correct destinations but we were not. Thankfully there were the carts you pay for and we had the exact amount of $3.00. My husband picked up this heavy luggage 4 heavy pieces and a carry on that was heavy too. Put it on the cart and it all came tumbling off. Had to do it again. My heart went out to him because I did not want him to hurt himself. I had had 2 epidurals because I have a problem with my back. So we cold see the AMERICAN FLAG at the AMERICAN AIRLINES TERMINAL and started pushing the cart and walking which I believe could have been 1/2 a mile or maybe more to our Airlines. Shocked to see that we had to pay for each bag $2.00 which we were never informed of. But that is principle not the money. In New York did not have to pay. But had to pay for heavy luggage. This was a 14 day cruise. Okay not cut off yet so I will continue. BTW: you can call email me at plaza64@aol.com if you have any questions. I can also call you if you wish as with my plan does not cost me anything. Okay, Food was not good. Tough to cut and told they are getting new steak knives. We had serrated knives but I just got tired of trying to cut my meat. When I did get a piece cut and put it in my mouth it was so tough to chew. Captains night we had lobster tails. I put a piece in my mouth and it fell apart. Digusting. Lobster was definitely spoiled. Lobster, clams that fall apart like mush is bad. They ran out of coffee. The first few days could not even get a hot cup of coffee. They ran out of PAPER TOWELS in the BATHROOMS and were using tissues. The day of disembarking the ship we had to go through customs. Okay, do not mind that. However, we did not go to the night club to sit or to any lounges like I have had to do on other cruise where you wait to be called. Nope - 2000 people just standing all through the ship in one line and it took well over 1 1/2 hours to finally get to the CELEBRITY NITE CLUB - take a seat and wait for our number to be called. What a joke. Our number gets called and we go up the flight of stairs where CUSTOMS about 6 of them are sitting very comfy and they take your passport, think they stamped it as I still have not look at mine or my husbands - did not look up at us and it took all of 2 seconds. Yup what a joke. When an annoucement was made by John over the speaker system while we were standing on this long line for so long, I am surprised you did not hear the booing. Oh yes, on this terrible day nobody ever told us we could not go back to our cabin after breakfast. We had plenty of time anyway. So we left our carry on luggage, valuables in the safe, some makeup and deordorant in the bathroom. We get back to our room and the door is open. Anyone could have gone into our room from the staff etc. My makeup and deordorant were no where to be found but the bedspread was put on the bed. Room was not cleaned yet so this room was still ours. Such nerve. I just could not believe it. Whether this cruise or any cruise make sure you get the dining you wanted. We got late dining which we requested and my cousins got early seating. That had to be straightened out and when I booked this cruise and paid it off almost immediately had requested late seating and a table for 8. Know our cousins and wanted to meet new people. So that all changed and we ended up with just a table for the four of us because of their screw up.

I am sure I missed a few things. Annie - we loved Hawaii. Wish we could have seen more of it. Laughed so much and our waiter was fantastic and we loved him and our bus boy and they loved us. If you go to Hilo on a tour, dress warm as it was so cold. High elevation. Got off to use the restroom and then stayed on the bus and just could not warm up. Another port had the same problem. Loved going to the Arizona but although it was early had a 2 1/2 hour wait. Our bus driver was smart and took us to the Might Mo and then back to the Arizona. That was very sad. Also did us a favor and took us to the punch bowl (cemetary). Took a private cab around Kauai and saw so much. That was great. Maui we went on a tour we could get on and sorry we did. Went to the aquarium. Could have done without that and we should have taken a cab to see more of MAUI but also the ship was leaving Maui at 3:00. That is a port we should have had more time in. Kona was the other port. We bought our coffee in Hilo Hattie. That is the place to buy coffee and nuts. Do not buy it anyplace else. My husband picked out a gorgeous pendant for me. An opal set in 14K with the volcano/lava erupting. Just the fact that he picked it out made it that more special. Got plenty of compliments on it. Shows were great especially the cirque du solei. But so much for our DREAM VACATION! We wrote a five page letter with Copies to everyone including Royal Carribbean as they took over CELEBRITY. If and when you go, I hope you have better luck. Again, email me if you wish to. Any typos sorry. Just did not want to go back and re-read our DREAM VACATION!

Leone
plaza64@aol.com
Old 04-28-2006, 12:04 AM

Leone how much research did you do for this cruise? I mean it is common knowledge amoung cruisers from around the world that embarkation in the Port of LA is a nightmare most of the times. They just don't have it down to a T like the ports in Florida. To make it worse you said they had an outbreak of Noro Virus the cruise before - well then I would rather wait for them to clean the vessel well before I go onboard - it would be for my own safety. running out of paper towels was probably a direct result of that outbreak and sometimes thing just cannot be replenished on time or suppliers don't come up with the goods in time - it all happens even if it does not seem possible. Then there was the weather well Hawaii did have an unsually wet winter this year but if you are a warm weather wisher why did you choose Hawaii for this part of the year (this is not flaming you but rather wondering why your TA didn't point that out to you in the first place)

So lots of things went wrong on your cruise that is Murphy Law when things start going wrong for a particular Passenger there always seems to be something new that goes wrong no matter how hard you try to fix the problem. I am sorry you did't enjoy your cruise but maybe Celebrity isn't for you. I hope your next cruise is more enjoyable to you.

Closed Thread

Tags
april, cruising, hawaii, la, review, sea, summit, warm