Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Hi
We are considering a trans-Atlantic cruise with Celebrity Galaxy on the 17 of Oct 2005.
I've just got a few questions that you guys might be able to clear up for me.
Firstly, given that the ship is now 9 years old, is it still up to the 4 star standard?
My wife and I are both members of the crown and anchor with RCI, does anyone know if we can use our loyalty card on this cruise line.
We are using a travel agent to arrange our holiday and we've asked for the flight details and they say we won't get these until 6 weeks before we travel. Is this normal?
Many Thanks in Advance
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Hi
We are considering a trans-Atlantic cruise with Celebrity Galaxy on the 17 of Oct 2005.
I've just got a few questions that you guys might be able to clear up for me.
Firstly, given that the ship is now 9 years old, is it still up to the 4 star standard?
My wife and I are both members of the crown and anchor with RCI, does anyone know if we can use our loyalty card on this cruise line.
We are using a travel agent to arrange our holiday and we've asked for the flight details and they say we won't get these until 6 weeks before we travel. Is this normal?
Many Thanks in Advance
Billy

Old 01-19-2005, 02:12 PM

If you are booking your air through the cruise line, it's normal to find out the schedule a month or so in advance (and no earlier). If you want the option of requesting specific flight times or airlines, you can, and the cruise line will do its best to accommodate. There is an extra fee for this service. If you want to do that, ask your TA to look into "air deviation" for you.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:27 PM

The Galaxy is definately still up to the 4 star standard. At least it was last May in the Med. It was the first one of the season and had alot of b2bers whose only complaint about the trans-atlantic was that they lost an hour every nite. Looks like you are doing the westbound, so you should be all set to gain an hour every nite.

I believe that you will be able to use Captain's Club benefits as long as you are at least a Platinum crown and anchor member.

And yes, that sounds about right for the flight.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Your Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor status should refect the same status on Celebrity. I know that the Diamond members are now considered "Elite" members on Celebrity, as of January 1st, 2005. You will have a great cruise. Be sure to write a review when you return,

Tom
Old 01-20-2005, 08:18 AM

With the new policy regarding reciprocity of the loyalty member status between the two lines, make sure your travel agent has given Celebrity your Crown and Anchor #, so that you can reap the benefits.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-20-2005, 02:15 PM

Thanks Guys once again for your invaluable information.
Looks like we're going to go for it.
Now the BIG count down begins, we can't wait until we get back on the open water again.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:06 PM

Glad you made the decision - make sure to give us a full report when you return. Enjoy!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-22-2005, 12:37 PM

I just now found this topic and may have a little information about your air to share. If you are a Captains Club member (which I believe includes your Royal Car. membership) allows you to have "custom air" through Celebrity. Our TA called the custom air department with Celebrity and made our flight reservations in about 5 minutes, including our preferred airline, adding our AA Miles membership no., and even gave us options of which city we wanted to change planes in. We are booked on the Oct. 17 Galaxy transatlantic from Rome to Galveston and even have our seat assignments. What a great benefit for belonging to the Captains Club!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:34 AM

We've finally booked the trans atlantic cruise.
When our TA contacted Celebrity they dug their heels in a bit when we mentioned the crown & anchor, but with a bit of pressure they caved in.
They have given us an upgrade from a catogory 7 to catogory 6. Happy with that we jumped at, not thinking. So what's the differance?
And with a bit of shopping around TA's we've also managed to save nearly 500 pounds, not bad in anybodies book, so it pays to shop about.
Still don't know about that flights but thats' the least of my worries just now.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, galaxy