Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 PM

I will be cruising on the newly refurbished Century in a couple of weeks (Aug 2) and plan to take a different approach to my review for Cruise Reviews. So before I embark on my Baltic cruise, are there any specific questions/information about the ship or the ports that any one would like me to investigate?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-17-2006, 06:21 PM

Nancy, i'm so excited for you, question, are you taking the same itinerary as you did last time? Also, just wanna know how much improvements were done on the Century. Do you think its advisable to take the shuttle service offered by the cruise, our last shuttle service from Rome to Civitavecchia was like 80 dollars per person, its a little too expensive. How far is the port from the city center(Amsterdam)? Its not like Rome and Civitavecchia right? Have a safe and fun cruise.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:42 AM

Yes, this is the same itinerary as my cruise last year and I promise to give a full report on the changes/improvements that have been made to the Century when I return.

The port in Amsterdam is very close to city center (actually within walking distance) and not far from the airport. I would not bother with the cruise transfer in this port - take a taxi instead.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 AM

Nancy,
I have a couple of specific questions for you. I would like a report on the new spa area changes (i.e. thallasopool, healthy dining choice and equipment in general). Also, details about the new "Martini Bar" and any changes made to Michaels Club. Finally, the internet service - incabin? lab? wi-fi hot spots?
Thanks and Bon Voyage,
Suzi
Old 07-23-2006, 07:09 AM

Suzi,
I will be happy to check out all of those things for you. However, FYI: Due to the renovations, there is no longer a T-pool on the Century. It has been replaced by the Persian Gardens.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-29-2006, 03:48 PM

Hi Nancy, i was just reading the thread started by Carolyn under cruise critics and she said that there's lack of friendly atmosphere aboard the new refurb Century, for example staff looking away when you approach them like they're trying to even avoid saying hello to you. Check it out, its been a busy thread coz she's responding to everybody while she's on the cruise, she even said something about her horrible dining experience. I'm not being negative about Century coz i booked my June 07 Baltic cruise regardless. I'm mainly interested about the ports particularly St. Petersburgh. But of course a bit concerned too about Celebrity's topnotch costumer service, that's what they're known for. I hope this is just an isolated incident and not reflective of the entire crew. But anyways, looking forward for yours and Tom's Baltic review. Take care, have fun and have a safe trip.. Angel

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, cruise, cruises, questions, reviews