Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 AM

Has anyone taken the century from Barcelona to th Med? Any comments on the ship? Any pointers on the ports. Should I do the ship's excursion or go on your own? The stops are Nice, Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples and Croatia. Thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
I can comment on the ship, The Century is one of my favorites. The ship is beautiful, a smaller ship with an occupancy of 1,814. We loved our Balcony Cabin, flat screen TV mounted on wall, wonderful, comfortable bed with rouned corners. This ship went thru a major refur a few years back. I can't say anything but good things about this ship.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Thanks, so much! I was concerned becuase someone told me it was an older ship.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Glad I could help, would take her in a second. Let me know how you enjoyed your trip. There is a guy by the name of John from Boston who does private tours in Rome, if you have time there he may be the one to call on to take you around!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, and congratulations on your upcoming cruise!

I agree with janfred. Century is a beautiful ship and offers lots of amenities. Please don't be concerned about her age -- at 15, she's far from being old. She's been refurbished several times over the years, including the major refurbishment to which janfred refers. She's also an excellent ship for a port-intensive cruise as you are taking, as her relatively low number of passengers means easier disembarking at ports and a less frenetic pace onboard. We were onboard for a Northern Europe cruise in 2007 and I give the ship and her crew high scores all around.

You have a super itinerary. I'd suggest checking out our Europe Port Chat forum, located here, including a very informative thread on train travel in Italy.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:56 PM

thanks, so much for the info. I'm now doing my HW for each port.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:36 AM

I found this post helpful to me. I was just debating the Century and was shying away from it because it was rated 4.5 on vacationstogo.com compared to the other Celebrity ships which were rated 5.0.
Do you have suggestions on where on the ship to book a Balconey room? (i'm a newbie..and don't understand how to pick a room)
Old 02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
sld323,
I love being in a Balcony in the aft of the ship looking out in the very back. I have been on the Century and really like this ship. I do see that most in the back are suites, or family verardahs, it that is what you are looking for. I love to get on the highest deck I can. You may see a lot of different answers on this one, but this is just one openion. I am going on the Mercury in 18 days and booked this one almost 2 years ago to get a Sunset Verandah in the aft of the ship because there not that many and sell fast...

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Hi everyone, am thinking of booking the Oct. 13, 2010 to the Med. on Century too. Does any of you think a Family Verandah on the 9th deck corner is good? And in Venice, will a wheelchair do well in going around? My mom will need one since she cannot walk long distances, she'll probably be pushing the wheelchair and walk on her own sometimes, but needs to use it when she needs to sit down. Thanks for any tips.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Mel369,
I think it would be awesome but you are asking a person who books out why in advance to get one in the back. I see now that a lot of the Celebrity ships in the CC class cabin the back is now C-1 and the sides are C-2 and C-3. This tells me the secret is out and they now can get more for the aft CC class. In the past it was just CC Cat and they didn't break it down. Oh well demand wins again

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruises, med