Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 08:37 AM

Ted,
Have a great trip! We are doing the same but reverse (starting in Venice). Let us know the highlights!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 AM

WHAT EXCURSIONS HAVE YOU BOOKED? FROM CELEBRITY OR PRIVATE?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 AM

Sailing In November on Millennium From Venice To Barcelona. First time in Europe. Just sailed on Millennium in Feb. and loved it so much we had to return back.
Any suggestions on excursions would be appreciated.
My only concern is stateroom we booked, CC class 9164. Concerned about noise from the Grill one deck above. Anyone sail with this room, or nearby who can comment?
A handicapped room, as I need a bit more rest that the usual traveler so I always worry about the noise factor.
Thank you all. Your posts are very helpful.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Tell me all about the Millie...this is our first cruise ever!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:39 PM

greetings all,
we're just in the process of booking our excursions for our Barcelona to Venice run at the end of June. Any one have any suggestions?

Dave
Old 05-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPRO2:
Tell me all about the Millie...this is our first cruise ever!
We had no complaints with the ship, or stateroom. We were most impressed with the staff, everyone making certain our cruise was enjoyable and that we were comfortable. Our butler (we had a sky suite) went out of the way a number of times, to obtain a couple items which he knew would make me feel better. (I travel in a wheel chair). We feel the entertainment was very good and the ship in good shape.
Although we only have one other cruise, from years ago to compare this too...We certainly do not have anything negative to comment on with Celebrity or the Millennium. Just the fact that November is so far away for our next cruise with them! let me know if I can be of any help with particular details.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 AM

Bob,
We are traveling for the first time on Celebrity, we are regulars on RCCL. We have a suite as well, what can we expect from our Butler? It sounds very posh to have a butler in Europe, do not want to expect too much or ask for too little. And what did you tip the butler?
Mark O'C
Old 05-04-2007, 08:53 AM

I don't have a butler (wish I did); are you going to Eastern Mediterranean? If so, tell me about your excursion bookings; from the cruiseline or private tour companies?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:10 AM

We are going in August and we have none booked so far. I am looking for suggestions as well.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:43 PM

Apologies for delayed response to previous question. We have been without internet for a few days due to a laptop malfunction....

We've booked directly through Celebrity - the cruise vs private excursions is a whole discussion in itself - but we prefer the ease / peace of mind with using those through the cruise company.

BobSabresFan - you'll have a great time in the Med, there is so much to see at every port - even if its just taking in the views from the top deck, particularly in Villefranche!

We are tending to avoid the big cities for the more relaxed smaller towns - other than Rome of course... Even if you mainly go to the larger, more obvious places, I'd suggest at least at one of the ports taking a trip into the country to see a small town/village - to get a true flavour of the med.

3 days to go...

Closed Thread

Tags
back, celebrity, cruise, deck, eastern, excursions, laid, med, millennium, overhang, people, ship, snotty