Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark O'C:
Bob,
We are traveling for the first time on Celebrity, we are regulars on RCCL. We have a suite as well, what can we expect from our Butler? It sounds very posh to have a butler in Europe, do not want to expect too much or ask for too little. And what did you tip the butler?
Mark O'C
We did not ask anything out of the ordinary from our butler. He was so kind, and did go out of the way in a couple of occasions, to make certain that I was comfortable, finding special items that he felt would be of help to me.
He was on call 24 hours a day, and was there morning, noon and night, making certain our room was in perfect condition. Breakfast was always served on time, along with always trying to please us in any way. He would have unpacked for us, along with some other extras, but I did not feel the need for that.
The butler is the person who served us our hors doeurves nightly and would have helped with bookings had we asked.
The cruises state their suggestion for the butler, but we added considerably due to the high quality service we received. He certainly made our cruise much more pleasant from the very beginning, and hope to see him again while traveling with Millennium in November.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 AM

Thanks Bob, we are looking foward to it!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM

We are doing the Venice to Barcelona in June on Millie. We were on the Mille once before in the Caribbean. We had a CC on on deck 9. We did not have a problem with noise but there is a big overhang over the decks so this cruise we went one deck lower in a CC. We have had a sky suite on Century with butler. They will do whatever you need in reason. We did not require anything special but it was nice to be pampered.
On this trip coming up we did not use Celebrity excursions. We booked private drivers for Rome,Naples, Florence, and Athens. We wanted to be able to set our own itinerary.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 AM

Cruiser13,
What companies did you use for private drivers? We are a group of 8 and I think a van would be cheaper that 8 Excursion fares. What do you think?
Mark
Old 06-05-2007, 04:51 PM

Mark,
In Rome, Naples and Florence we are using AP Tours. In Athens we are using Athens taxi.I think it may be cheaper but the part I enjoy is being able to set our own itinerary.
Carol
Old 06-09-2007, 06:28 AM

Definitely book the Exclusives Tours for Rome and Florence!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 AM

Penny,
What are the exclusive tours? Where do we book it, Online or phone?
Old 08-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by old_mosely:
greetings all,
we're just in the process of booking our excursions for our Barcelona to Venice run at the end of June. Any one have any suggestions?

Dave
We're booked on the Milennium in Sept. leaving on the Venice to Barcelona route - which trips can you recommend to help us. Also do you know how easily we can reach St Marks Square from the ship and how to access the island of Murano?

I'm sure I have loads of other questions you can help me with but I don't want to overload you.

Cheers

Redfox

Closed Thread

Tags
back, celebrity, cruise, deck, eastern, excursions, laid, med, millennium, overhang, people, ship, snotty