Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   Who has gone on Celebrity Millennium's Excursions in Eastern Med? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/14643-who-has-gone-celebrity-millenniums-excursions-eastern-med.html)

ADPRO2 04-17-2007 04:20 PM

Tell about your favorite Eastern Med Xcursions when you were on Milli! And talk more about your experiences on Milli...re: internet reliability (laptop in room vs Internet Cafe, food, shows, etc, etc.

ADPRO2 04-18-2007 06:20 PM

WOULD SOMEONE WRITE IN ABOUT EXCURSIONS THEY'VE BEEN ON WITH CELEBRITY!!!

Chef Ken 04-18-2007 09:34 PM

ADPRO2,

LOUD AND CLEAR.

The Millennium is a grand ship. The internet was very useful for my wife and I on our 2005 sailing of the Eastern Caribbean. The speed was good as I recall. They have a word processor you can use to put your email together before going online. This saves you on purchased internet time with emails when you simply copy the text from the WP into the email and hit send!

I did not use the access in the state room because I think the per minute cost was double the nominal charge in the internet "cafe."

The mineral pool in the Aqua spa is a definite must if you like to relax.
The singers and orchestra on Celebrity were above average and I feel that is saying a lot for cruise ships. The dancers were amazingly together and communicated well with the audience!

The food was better than I had had on NCL and RCCL and that is is to say it is was a step or two above banquet style service.

Fire away, I'll see if I can answer any other questions.

Chef Ken

ADPRO2 04-19-2007 07:18 AM

THANKS CHEF KEN...HAVE YOU OR ANYONE GONE ON CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM EXCURSIONS IN EASTERN MED? WE ARE ABOUT TO BOOK SOME AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES EXPERIENCES ON CELEB MILLIE XCURSIONS! PLS WRITE TODAY. THANKS, ADPRO2

Chef Ken 04-19-2007 09:02 AM

Hi again and welcome to cruise chat. We only did two excursions on that cruise and they were pretty laid back.

After a day at sea, the Catalina Beach excursion was just what we needed to soak up some warm Caribbean sunshine.

Since we spent 5 years living in San Juan we did our own thing there, just hanging around OSJ and eating at a local establishment.

St. Thomas - we had been there many times and decided to do a tour "bus", a pick-up truck fitted out with an extra wide add on with several rows of seats.

Nassau - we took public transportation to some of our favorite places.

A couple of notes for you as a newbie:
1. Refrain from using locked caps if you would be so kind, it gives people the sense that you are shouting and the readability is difficult.
2. On the tab at the top of the page, select "find" and type in Millennium, or any other key word to find other posts on the subject you are interested in. Many people have posted on any number of subjects you can think of so it's good to look there first.

Ken

Seafaring Ted 04-20-2007 04:02 PM

I'M GOING ON SOME IN 3 WEEKS IF THAT HELPS?

Sometimes a good shout is theraputic!

Chef Ken 04-20-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seafaring Ted:
I'M GOING ON SOME IN 3 WEEKS IF THAT HELPS?

Sometimes a good shout is theraputic!
I would be shouting too if I were going in 3 weeks! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

Ken

Mark O'C 04-23-2007 10:26 AM

Is the question the Caribbean or Mediterranean? I am on the Millenium in August in Europe. I would love to hear about excursions there as well.

Chef Ken 04-23-2007 10:29 AM

Good point Mark, Re-reading the OP's question it refers to Eastern Med. I automatically read into it "Eastern Carib."

I can only comment on the Millennium as a ship and the Caribbean as its itinerary. She is a great ship with an excellent staff and above average performers.

Thanks for making the distinction, duh I should read better.

Ken

Seafaring Ted 04-23-2007 02:51 PM

In reply to Chef Ken's question - we are on the Millenium (first time with Celebrity) doing the Barcelona to Venice run with all stops in between!

We have booked on a few excursions - off the top of my head - for Rome, Livorno, Athens and Santorini. We can certainley let you know about these on our return. We have cruised the Med before so may be able to give general suggestions for excursions if not comment directly on Celebrity's.

20 days to sail away... 18 to touch down in Barcelona!