Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
One of the new features:
(Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour)

I love the new CC but my question and it may be stupid, but I will ask anyway. We are traveling with our daughter and son-in-law who are only at the first level of the CC, will they not be able to join us even if they pay for their drinks, I wouldn't want to see their sad faces pressed against the glass looking in, so we would not go... same for the daily coffeehouse.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 12-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Administrator

They are only allowed in if they are staying in the same cabin as you.

Excerpt from the press release:

...Celebrity is pleased to introduce the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club, exclusively for Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions
Old 12-21-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by janfred:
One of the new features:
(Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour)

I love the new CC but my question and it may be stupid, but I will ask anyway. We are traveling with our daughter and son-in-law who are only at the first level of the CC, will they not be able to join us even if they pay for their drinks, I wouldn't want to see their sad faces pressed against the glass looking in, so we would not go... same for the daily coffeehouse.
I guess it depends how well they are monitoring it. If they are traveling in a separate cabin no. If guest are traveling in the same cabin then yes. However; when I was on the Brilliance of the Seas a week ago a friend who is Diamond was denied letting her roommate into the Diamond event. This isn't the way I understand the program. Roommates traveling with you are suppose to be allowed. My friend was a little embarrassed and felt badly for her friend so she didn't try again the rest of the cruise. I believe the person that denied the roommate entrance was in error though.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator

On the Oasis it was the same thing - everyone entering a diamond event (evening cocktails and the special breakfast area) had to show their card. I saw people turned away because their cruise card didn't have the magic word printed on it.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:53 AM
...Celebrity is pleased to introduce the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club, [b]exclusively for Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions.

Thank you, I understand but I don't understand why they can go if they are in your stateroom. Yicks, I can't think about 4 adults staying in the same cabin, We would really need the Happy HOur at Michael's Club

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 12-22-2009, 07:58 AM

It would certainly be nice if travelling companions could join in The Captian Club amenities, but we all could understand if some people may abuse this privilege, and ruin it for the rest of us. My idea would be that travelling companions who see the perks repeat cruisers receive, would want to becaome repeat cruisers themselves.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't understand why they can go if they are in your stateroom
I am not positive but I think they put the CC status on all the cards for people in the same cabin, whether they individually rate the level or not. So if one person in the cabin is Elite, then everyone gets cards with Elite on them. Why they draw the line at the cabin door I don't know.

Celebrity is being more liberal than RCI. With RCI, family members living at the same address get the perks but, as in the case Jan noted, if you aren't related even if you share a cabin you don't get the perks.

Closed Thread

Tags
amenities, captain, captains, captians, carnival, celebrity, century, club, cruise, elite, info, lounge, members, michaels, reviews