Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2005, 02:14 PM

I just returned from a 7 day Bermuda trip on Zenith. Our car was parked at the lot in Bayonne (Cape Liberty) from August 20 to August 27, 2005. You will recall they were sandblasting/painting a huge freighter of some sort close to the parking lot. I now see that our minivan is totally covered in paint dust!!! I scraped many of the windows with a razor blade but the paint is shot! I'm positive somebody else has to have the same issue. Please let me know. I have already emailed the Celebrity Cruise Line CEO and have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to make many more phone calls - including my attorney.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:21 PM

Oh Gosh, I am so sorry! Hopefully they will get back to you quickly and give you some compensation.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 08-29-2005, 09:21 AM

Good news. The paint overspray will be covered by the parking company.

Call Wael Nada at 973-824-1666 x1062 and he will take care of things.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:42 AM

breichjr,

I'm glad a good solution was found so quickly. :thumb

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 AM

That's wonderful! So glad they got right on it.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 08-30-2005, 08:33 AM

Now I'm told that the company doing the painting at the Bayonne Dry Dock will be handling all claims. Call Ken Peterson at 201-823-9296. He sounds like an absolute classy gentleman and has promised to get back to me later today on how to proceed.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:47 AM

I just returned from a 7 day cruise to Bermuda on the Zenith. Dates August 27 to Sept. 3rd. My car was parked in long term parking and was also damaged with paint and totally covered with paint dust. Can you please let me know the latest information on how to proceed with a claim.
My car is only 6 months old and is ruined.
I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:56 PM

Hello Folks,

I also had a wonderful cruise to Bermuda 8/27 to 9/3/05 on the Zenith. It was great until I got my car from parking and noticed a bunch of paint and trim damage from the Bayonne Dry Dock paint overspray.

My bodyshop said it needed to be removed ASAP and were not sure how much damage the paint and trim sustained.

I had talked to Ken Peterson and faxed in the requested information but didn't hear anything back. I called today and was told by a surly receptionist "everything had been turned over to their insurance agent." She was unwilling to give me a contact there.

The interesting thing is this is not a new problem! I found references to paint overspray from the Bayonne Drydock going back over a year.

This was a totally known, foreseeable and preventable problem. They are 100% at fault. We all need to be poised to raise a huge ruckas if our vehicles are not restored to the condition they were in before we parked there.

If anyone gets satisfaction please let me know, I will do the same. Regards, Ed
Old 09-09-2005, 04:59 PM

You might want to go to the cruise Critic website and look up Royal Caribbean. RCCL owns Celebrity. There are more messages and information on that website.
Ina
Old 09-15-2005, 01:47 PM

Has ANYONE got any real help on this issue? (vs. lip service) My car has sat at the bodyshop for almost a week and I still don't know when / if an adjuster is going to look at it. I was promised it would be seen Monday and Tuesday, etc., etc.

All the while the paint cures harder and harder. I expect Bayonne Drydock will be painting (and / or buying) a lot of cars.

This was known, foreseeable, and 100% preventable destruction of property.

Any good ideas for real resolution?

Closed Thread

Tags
bayonne, cape, cars, celebrity, cruise, liberty, long, nj, overspray, paint, parking, port, problems, term, transfers