Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2005, 11:49 AM

Hello all,

We will be on the Mercury from January 2-13. Anybody else going? Kim
Old 12-28-2005, 05:39 PM

Kim, I won't be on that sailing, but did it last year and loved it. I did a MEGA review of the ship and ports that you can see here;

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Mercury41.htm

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 12-29-2005, 04:41 PM

Hi Tom, Yes, I read your review, and it helped us make our decision about this cruise. Thank you! I even printed the whole review out to give to my husband to look over - we will have the same category room as the cabin you described, and OH, AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS CRUISE! 2005 was a hard year, and 89 degrees in Acapulco sounds pretty good to me right now! I was a little disheartened by some negative reviews I read lately, but I am going in with a positive attitude and ready for some major relaxation time. Best regards, Kim
Old 02-03-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Ogg:
Kim, I won't be on that sailing, but did it last year and loved it. I did a MEGA review of the ship and ports that you can see here;

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Mercury41.htm

Have a great cruise!

Tom
GREAT REVIEW

Just Booked 11 Night Mexican Riviera on the Mercury Monday January 29th , 2007

We did Book A Suite On Sky Deck # 1206

After reading your Review There is no dought in my mind that we maid the right choice Wish you had pictures of our cabin

Thanks again

STUR DAYTON,OHIO
Old 02-06-2006, 07:39 PM

Hello Stur and all,

Well, we've been home a few weeks and hit the ground running when we got home, so I haven't had a chance to post about the trip. We had a fantastic time, just what we were hoping for, elegant, relaxing, great food (more healthful choices than Princess or RC, we felt), low key entertainment, high emphasis on personal service. I was extremely comfortable with the ship right away, and the little things they do to make you feel comfortable are noticeable. I was worried about having a room down on the bottom deck and so close to the medical facility - no worries. I loved having an ocean view right on level with the sea. Our cabin was about a quarter of the way down the ship, forward, in other words, right where the ocean swells broke from the prow of the ship. It was so pretty! I sat up several nights and just watched the water show with the reflections. I think I actually enjoyed being close to the water surface better than looking down on it from up higher. Just my perspective, of course! We've never had a balcony or verandah room, so I haven't been spoiled by that yet! Anyway, any questions, don't be afraid to ask. I think you will have a great trip.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 PM

Violist, what a lovely description of your room! I think I, too, would have sat up for many hours, watching the water from such a close perspective.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Sandy

Closed Thread