Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 06:49 AM

Hi All
Thank you for your feedback in advance.

This is our 2nd cruise (1st on pacific Sun last year). We are going on 14 Nov from Sydney to Auckland. Celebrity Millenium.

Tried to book a Family Ocean View W/ Veranda, but our agent could not give us the price as it was not available. I tried to put us on the waiting list, but she could not do that iether. (Even though the category says waiting list is available)
I booked 2 cabins on Vista deck room 7026 (Balcony) & 7056 (inside). We are 2 adults & 2 kids 11 & 2.5 yrs of age.
(Any comments on the rooms & waiting list problem will be appreciated)

I think the family room would have been great with the bigger balcony, as we spend a lot of time in the cabin. (2.5 yr old adds restrictions)Also my wife gets sea-sick, so spends she is mainly confined to the balcony or outside on the main deck.

I had a few questions for the Pro-Cruisers:
1) Is it possible to wash undergarments in the room.

2) What about drinking water. (On the Pacific Sun, we had to buy Botttles daily)

3) Is milk and coffe provided anytime (Self Service). In the Pacific Sun, it was on 24 hours, we could go make our coffe, Tea, Glass of milk & fill baby bottles, and there were no extra charges.

4) I have heard that the rooms have a fridge, but how does one warm a baby bottle ?

5) The on-board duty free:
is it well priced, also does it have days where they give extra 25% off etc, is there a good collection of Scotch.

Sorry for so many questions, but I think I will have more later.....

cheers

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Sting1,
Why not call Celebrity about the room directly. We crusie with Celebrity all the time and I have not used a TA yet. We do it all on line and call. Maybe they can help with the room. You can wash a few think in the room, I can't say they will dry fast. You do have to pay for bottled water. They also put ice water in the room nightly. Milk and coffe are free. I would like you could the the bottled warmed anytime. The fridge is the min bar and it is MINI not much room for anything else. They have specials at the shops alot, like days at sea. The shop for Scotch seemed to carry a lot but than I don't really know about scotch.
Call 800-852-7239 and speak to a Celebrity Agent Hope this helps!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
1) Is it possible to wash undergarments in the room.

2) What about drinking water. (On the Pacific Sun, we had to buy Botttles daily)
Welcome to cruise-chat. Your cabin bathroom has a sink, so just bring a small container of woolite. Same goes for drinking water. The water that comes from the faucet is perfectly safe to drink. In fact it is probably safer than the bottled water.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Thank You both for your help.

Because I am in Sydney Australia, I think we need cannot call Celebrity directly.
The TA also informed me that because we have 4 people we cannot book the family room, we need 5.

Thank you for the Water tip (safe to drink from faucet), We go through about 8 litres of water a day. It cost us $180 in water on our last 10 day cruise.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Sting1 she is correct about 5 people for the family cabin, we did ask that at one time. Have a wonderful time ! Don't worry about a thing they will take well care of you.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-06-2008, 04:50 AM

Thanks Janfred, I am sure they will take care of us, but I have read a few comments regards their bad service and the milleniums dire need of refurbishment, which are at the back of my mind.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:54 AM

Due to the wife being a non - drinker, I do not like leaving her alone with the kids and going to the bar for a drink.
I called the TA and asked them if I could buy a bottle of scotch on board. Probably need 1, maybe 2 bottles over the 9 days.

I was told that I could buy a bottle at Duty Free rates at the bar.

On board the P&O cruise, I bought the bottle from the duty free shop itself.

is this possible ? and would someone have an Idea roughly how much a bottle of Glennfiddich 15 or 18 yr cossts ?

Cheers

Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 PM

In the past we were told that when you buy alcohol at the duty free shop it is supposed to be held until the end of the cruise. However during our cruise four years ago, the sales person told us if we brought an empty bag with us he would let us take the bottle with us. We did with no problem.

We sailed the Millennium in May to Alaska and had a wonderful time. We did however have some bad experiences with maintenance and service. One tip, wear an old bathing suit to the Thallosotherapy pool. I got a white substance on mine that kind of ate into the suit where I sat and ruined it. Also, I do not recommend using their laundry service. It was our bad luck they spilled bleach on our clothing and then argued the fact saying we did it. As if we had bleach. If you want a tux, order prior to your cruise. We were told they could suit my husband on board if we supplied the measurements. That did not happen. We have sailed Celebrity many times and have never placed a complaint before in regard to any vacation land or sea. A little wear and tear does not bother us. But my husband had a strip of ceiling tile hanging loose over his head at every dinner, which they claimed could not be fixed. After we placed a complaint with the hotel director near the end of our 14 day cruise it was fixed immediately. I hope to believe what happened to us was not the usual experience and we enjoyed ourselves regardless of the maintenance issues. We did send a letter to Celebrity as a followup when we got home and got a phone call within a week with an apology and a small discount on our next cruise. I hope you enjoy your trip, keep a positive attitude, but do not hesitate to speak up. If we had spoke to the hotel director at the beginning of our cruise we would not have had that tile vibrating over our head for 12 nights.

Closed Thread

Tags
7056, bottles, cabin, celebrity, children, cruise, family, milk, millenium, ocean, pros, questions, room, view, water