Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 AM

Hello there!

As I am relatively new to cruising (once on Explorer of the Seas with RCCL), this is my first post to this board, and what a great board it is! =)

In August, my mom along with my four grandmothers and I will be embarking on a Meditteranean cruise and we are already so excited, especially since I've heard so many wonderful things about the Millenium cruise ship!

The reason for this post is that we currently have two connecting CC cabins on Millenium's Vista Deck (deck 7) - port aft. However, there is availability on the Sky Deck (deck 9) with two connecting CC cabins - also between the mid-ship and aft area on the port side.

As much as we'd love to stay on the highest deck possible (deck 9 for passengers), I am hesitant about staying on deck 9 because of the 20 foot overhang for balcony cabins on that deck (which I have read about in reviews). Therefore, I'd like to know if the overhang is really troublesome? Otherwise, is the overhang only a small price to pay for a higher deck (as the view on deck 9 is surely better than the view on deck 7)?

This cruise is very special for us, as it is the first time my mom and four grandmas will see Europe and maybe the only trip to Europe for my grandmas (they are all in their 70's and 80's, and still very strong, but flying all the way from Hawaii to Europe will indeed be very tiring for them), as this is more like a once-in-a-lifetime trip for them. So, you see, this trip is a very special one for us, and, as I am the one doing the planning for this cruise, I just want to make sure that I make all the right decisions to maximize their experience on this cruise. Visiting Europe has always been a dream for all of them, and this trip is primarily for them.

Therefore, if you have, by chance, sailed on Millenium before on either the Vista (deck 7) or Sky Deck (deck 9), please let me know your experience with your cabin location, and whether you think we should keep our cabins on deck 7 or move to deck 9.

THANK YOU so very much - I really appreciate any help you can provide! =)
Old 01-24-2007, 05:18 AM

We cruised on Mercury last year and had a CC class cabin on the Penthouse Deck (10)port/aft which was directly under the Palm Springs Cafe. The overhang was no problem whatsoever. Did not obstruct view and actually kept you dry on a rainy day. There also was no noise at all from the Cafe upstairs. I don't know if the Millenium is similar (think you would be under the Ocean Cafe & Grill) but you will find the Sky Deck the place to be if you're looking for a better view.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:54 AM

THANK YOU so much for your input - we have reserved the cabins on the 9th deck (Sky Deck)!! Thank you once again! =)

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, balcony, cabins, cc, celebrity, consumer, cruise, deck, millenium, millennium, millineum, problems, reviews, sky, skydeck, vista