Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 06:22 PM

I'm debating between a 9 day S. Carribean cruise on Royal Carribean's Grandeur vs. a 13 day New England/Canada on the Constellation (October). I'm 34 and I'm taking my 82 yr. old grandmother. Which would be better for me to meet a few other single 30 somethings?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:18 PM

In general, Royal Caribbean attracts a younger passenger than does Celebrity. Also, the longer the cruise, the older the passenger.

There is never a guarantee whether any cruise will have single people. Deciding between the two cruise lines, ships and itineraries should depend on a variety of factors, just in case neither of those cruises has single people, or in case they both do. Celebrity in general, and the Constellation in particular, are both probably more upscale than Royal Caribbean and Grandeur of the Seas.

Sandy
Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator

As Sandy says, there are no guarantee as to the age mix on a particular cruise. In general, however, the Canada/New England cruises tend to attract an older demographic than Caribbean cruises. Even so, we went on a Canada/New England cruise on Royal Caribbean when we were in our 30s (about 8 years ago) and did find a few people our age.

Welcome to cruise-chat!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 PM
You just may meet another 34 year old taking there grandmother on a cruise:-).....and if you don't...you had some special time with your grandmother....Happy sailing.....

Bob E
Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pvactress:
I'm debating between a 9 day S. Carribean cruise on Royal Carribean's Grandeur vs. a 13 day New England/Canada on the Constellation (October). I'm 34 and I'm taking my 82 yr. old grandmother. Which would be better for me to meet a few other single 30 somethings?
For you RCI, for your grandmother Celebrity. However if you do happen to meet someone on Celebrity?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 PM

The longer the Cuise, the older the crowd. I go with my Mum she is 60's I am in my 30's I have no problem meeting people that are my age. They're just not as many as you would see on a shorter cruise. I still have fun.
Celebrity Summit - 2007
RC Freedom of the Seas - 2008
Crown Princess - 2008

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
age, average, canada, caribbean, celebrity, cruise, cruisers, cruises, england, people, review, royal, single, somethings, vs