Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 11:52 PM

My fiance and I are getting married in May 2006. As a honeymoon, we are looking into an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity's Mercury. We are particulalrly interesed in the 11 night cruise, which has the follwing itinerary: Ensenada, Mexico; San Francisco, California; day at sea; Inside Passage (Cruising); Ketchikan, Alaska; Juneau, Alaska; Skagway, Alaska; Hubbard Glacier (Cruising); Prince Rupert, B.C.; day at sea; Inside Passage (Cruising); Seattle, Washington. The cruise runs from May 8, 2006 to May 19, 2006.

My questions are: Is it too early a time to visit Alaska (May 8 to May 19)? Also, is this a good itinerary? Should the two days at sea concern me? Are there better itineraries out there? The price I am getting is less than some 7 days to Alaska in June.

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:07 PM

hello,

To me this is an excellent itinerary because you get a day in San Francisco (and sail under the Golden Gate bridge twice!) some of Canada, and quite a lot of Alaska. And a real bonus is your arrival in Seattle, with good airfares/service to all over.

The weather is not going to be ideal but then you should think of this cruise as an opportunity to do some serious traveling/sightseeing rather than staying out on deck sunning or using the pool.

The mercury is a very nice ship. We sailed on the Mercury in November of 2004 and we are going on the Mercury in March of 2006, again an 11 day cruise to Mexico.

If the price is right, you like the cabin, and the airfare is reasonable, I suggest that you go on this cruise because the ship and itinerary are very attractive.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:59 PM

Thank you for the input.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fruby:
hello,

To me this is an excellent itinerary because you get a day in San Francisco (and sail under the Golden Gate bridge twice!) some of Canada, and quite a lot of Alaska. And a real bonus is your arrival in Seattle, with good airfares/service to all over.

The weather is not going to be ideal but then you should think of this cruise as an opportunity to do some serious traveling/sightseeing rather than staying out on deck sunning or using the pool.

The mercury is a very nice ship. We sailed on the Mercury in November of 2004 and we are going on the Mercury in March of 2006, again an 11 day cruise to Mexico.

If the price is right, you like the cabin, and the airfare is reasonable, I suggest that you go on this cruise because the ship and itinerary are very attractive.
Just Booked The Mercury 11 Night To Mexcan Riviera Leaving San Diego Monday January 29th,2007
We Booked A Sky Suite on Sky Deck 1206
any input

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Closed Thread