Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 03:34 PM

I am headed on my first cruise in a few weeks and we are going to Alaska (southbound). Is it worth booking the cruise ship excursions or should we try and do something on our own. My second question is relative to the drink packages - still debating on them. How much is a glass of wine, a frozen drink, or cocktail?

Lastly, I have been reading reviews and they say the food is poor. I am worried as I am traveling with a 5 year old!!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:50 PM
ralnad
I just got off the Summitt end of May. They have a drink special everyday $5. or $5.50 same as going out to most places. They also had a buy 1 get one free in the afternoons. Reg prices for wine is about $6 to $9 I liked the food it was so much better than NCL, not that NCL was bad. Your 5 year old should have no problems tons of things to pick from. Celebrity also allows you to bring 2 bottles of wind with you on board, I always do that. You will have a wonderful time and please be sure to let us all know how everything was..

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 AM

everytime i go to a cruise, i always book for the excursions so i can get familiar with the place first before going on my own. this way you can get to see the popular sites early on the cruise. then after doing the excursions, you can ask the tour guide or a local what to do next on your own and if they are accessible especially you are with a kid.

Edit to remove advertising link per forum rules.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM

We've only been on Millenium once on a trans-atlantic repositioning cruise, but the food was excellent as well as the service.

Regards,

Bill

Old 07-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Thanks for the responses. I plan to buy drinks "on my own". I also feel better about the excursions and the activities for my 5 year old son. Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, celebrity, cruise, cruises, drink, excursions, forum, millenium, millennium, packages, passenger, port, review, reviews